My fusion - 100 dives later

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Elan,
The drycore is made with tough military 200 denier quadflex material which stands up great to below freezing temps. If you would like we have numerous testimonies as well as pics of various indivuals partaking in ice diving located on our website.

Succumbing to temptation, I've just placed an order for a Fusion Sport.:)
Mike Pedersen at Dive Right in Scuba has been really helpful with selecting the suit size and undergarments.
He says the suit should arrive at their shop in a fortnight or so, but I'm looking forward to an earlier (MUCH earlier?) delivery.:D

Kaza

I did considering buying from a local agent in Japan, but they were still trying to sell the now-obsolete tropical explorer @ near-list price,,, unthinkable.

I'll go to bed assured my choice was right :)

Last edited:
Jim, I'm with you almost a hundred percent. I've had my Fusion for a little over two years, which is about 350 dives, and I'm still very happy with the suit. I have the Sport skin and have really seen little reason to change it. I use X-shorts for pockets, which are good pockets and don't sag. I do shore diving and boat diving and cave diving, and I have had two tiny holes in the suit, both of which were satisfactorily patched with Gorilla tape.

I have two issues with the suit: One, the arms and legs on mine were not cut well to accomodate the MK3 undergarment (this, I understand, has been changed). And two, the sock and overboot system never worked well for me -- the sock was way too big and ended up with folds and lumps inside the shoe, and boots which were sturdy and stayed on were too big for my fins. I changed the socks out for Turbosoles, which lost me some of the advantages of the sock (easy turning the suit inside out) but solved a bunch of other issues.

I'm really happy with my Fusion, and there are days when I toy with buying another one, just to get the larger cut arms and legs.

Curious. Is it even possible to turn the suit inside out with the turbosoles installed? I ask as if you were to have a leak how difficult would it be to access an inner seam? Thanks

I'm able to turn my CF200 with turbosoles inside out, I'd think one could do it with the fusion.

You can very easily turn the suit inside out down to the Turbosoles. It takes some determination to turn the soles themselves inside out, but it can be done.

Having the outside layer (licra or neo) and the core (shell), how easy is the drying of both if they're stick together?

I can't speak for the other skins, but drying the Lycra is no issue. The fabric is porous, so air gets to the space between the skin and the suit. It doesn't dry quite as fast as a trilam suit, but it's much faster than compressed neoprene.

The outer neoprene and lycra Tech skin takes a couple days to completely dry. Not as bad as a neoprene suit, but pretty close. However if the inside of the suit is damp, you can turn the suit inside out and dry it in about 10 minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom