My gear package

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MOTO69JOE

Registered
Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on some gear for my wife and I. I searched on this site and these items had good feedback and I did some research and it all seemed good to go. Could you let me know before its too late to return these items etc... if they will suit our recreational diving needs. Also any feedback on them would be appreciated good or bad. Thanks

TUSA Xpert Full Foot Split Fins Blue/Black
Aeris Velocity Full Foot Fin Neon Yellow
Oceanic Ultra Dry Snorkel Blue
Oceanic Ultra Dry Mini Snorkel Neon Yellow
Ocean Quest Pacific Mask Transparent Blue
Ocean Quest Pacific Mask Yellow
2 Oceanic Alpha 8/ Sport Regulator Regulators
2 Oceanic Slimline 2 Octos
2 Dacor Supreme 2 Gauge Console with Max Depth Indicator Console
Oceanpro BC Small Quick release Weight Pockets
Oceanic Oceanpro BC Medium Quick release Weight Pockets

Last edited:
Without knowing what YOUR recreational diving needs are it would be hard to say, but if you mean tropical warm waters then you're probably fine with what you bought considering it all fits fine.

Did you try any of these items on before you bought them?

We will be doing our diving in warm Mediterranean waters. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury here in Europe of a large dive shop that carries these brands/models and we don't want to buy here locally (euro v.s. dollar). It sucks because we do a lot of shopping on line and have to hope its what we wanted / fits us.

You maybe better served by open heal fins as the fit is more forgiving than full foot fins, but if they work for you, you will be fine.

Dive safely

I just pulled the trigger on some gear for my wife and I. I searched on this site and these items had good feedback and I did some research and it all seemed good to go. Could you let me know before its too late to return these items etc... if they will suit our recreational diving needs. Also any feedback on them would be appreciated good or bad. Thanks

TUSA Xpert Full Foot Split Fins Blue/Black
Aeris Velocity Full Foot Fin Neon Yellow
Oceanic Ultra Dry Snorkel Blue
Oceanic Ultra Dry Mini Snorkel Neon Yellow
Ocean Quest Pacific Mask Transparent Blue
Ocean Quest Pacific Mask Yellow
2 Oceanic Alpha 8/ Sport Regulator Regulators
2 Oceanic Slimline 2 Octos
2 Dacor Supreme 2 Gauge Console with Max Depth Indicator Console
Oceanpro BC Small Quick release Weight Pockets
Oceanic Oceanpro BC Medium Quick release Weight Pockets

I would upgrade to the alpha8 PX3 over the oceanic alpha8 sport. A balance piston would breath better then an unbalance model, it really is worth the extra money for a balance reg. But for rec diver, everything else seem pretty good.

The Tusa Xpert zoom split fin is a great fin. You many want a full foot, with booties over full foot.

I totally agree that with the Euro/Dollar makes more of a deal buy from the states. A friend of my visit, and we got her middle grade and upper grade gear for under 800 Euros for everything you would need.

PS

If the online retailer has an alpha8 cdx5, it would be the better pick. It is a older model, but it is a balance diaphragm 1st stage off of the oceanice gt3 a higher grade reg.

TIP: the tusa black/black fins are stiffer in material than the colored ones; maybe you'd like to consider that.

I wouldn't buy anything with the word oceanic, tusa, aeris, dacor, mares, tilos or other similar quality/priced equipment. just my $.02

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom