My MK2 is an MK3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SP prefers 1 size down:
  • HP plug (01-050-138) is 2-011 EP 85
  • LP plug (01-050-132) is 0-010 EP 70
But your life is not endangereg with your choice. :)

As always, thanks so much for the support, I would not have been able to do what I have done without the valuable information compiled by you folks. Well, at least not in the short time I've done it.

I'm hoping to soon be the one answering questions versus asking them. Then again I have started answering my own questions after asking them. Is that the intermediate phase? :D

Thanks Guys!

SP prefers 1 size down:

But I'm pretty sure the respective hoses are -012 on the HP and -011 on the LP. Some might even use the -904 and -903 which are just a bit thinner if the 2-xxx is too tight. Whatever it takes to get a reliable seal.

But I'm pretty sure the respective hoses are -012 on the HP and -011 on the LP. Some might even use the -904 and -903 which are just a bit thinner if the 2-xxx is too tight. Whatever it takes to get a reliable seal.

I had an -011 on the HP hose and it was very tight. The -012 fit "just right." I think it will be reliable. I'll keep it on a tank this weekend pressurized and see how it holds.

Yep, and the -010 is also tight on the LP hose, but I got the part # from the G250V schematic. Now I'm a firm believer that 1 size up or down is not life threatening.

So, the reg sat all day - about 10 hours - at 50 bar and stayed at 50 bar (valve closed). This evening I let it sit for about 4 hours at 2100 PSI (HP) and it stayed steady at 137 PSI (IP). I think we have a winner. I'll put a little more stress on it, breath it a bit, see if it continues to work okay, but for my first solo service, not bad. Next test is an MK5.

Of course, when I talked about the reg I had just serviced, my wife says, "You aren't going to DIVE with it are you?" Um..... yeah.

SP prefers 1 size down:

Gad that is frustrating dealing with SP port plugs for just that reason: They use a size smaller than other brands port plugs.

Back
Top Bottom