My New Boat Upgrades (so far)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stone

Contributor
Reaction score
We live in Valparaiso, FL and dive out of Destin,
Below is a before and after shot of the stern of my boat.

So far, I have:

1) Replaced the (falling apart) passenger seat with the "fishing" seat that is sitting at the stern in the first picture (cost: $60 for the mounting pedestal, but the seat alone is worth a couple hundred).
2) While I was installing the pedestal, one of the marina workers said he had a couple of seats for sale. They are the green and white seats in the second picture (cost: $50 for both, and seat covers were included. . . what a deal!).
3) I installed store-bought racks for 8 tanks that fold down when I don't need them (cost: $200 - ouch).

What you can't see:

1) New porcelain head with associated hoses, holding tank, and dedicated freshwater tank (cost $300 - ouch again, but this one was for the wife).
2) New fresh water pump and accumulator hooked into my existing 25 gallon water tank which supplies a rinse hose that coils into a flush mount holder in the transom (cost: $200 - ouch, but this one was for me, and it took some intestinal fortitude to cut a 6 inch hole in my boat!).
3) New teak steps on the transom and gunnels (cost: $60, but I'm a woodworker, so I had fun customizing the steps).

In the next post I'll have a picture of the dive platform halfway through the cleaning process.

Nice work Stone... it looks great! When are you taking us all out? :D

yeah stone I have have to gain some experience before I dive the Mica. That is one of the dives that I want to make either this summer or next summer. I really like the boat, I hope to get one in the next year or two.

Here's a final close-up picture that shows the tank racks and how they fold down (in this case, to accomodate the cooler), and a before and after pic of a teak step that I fabricated to replace the 18 year-old steps on the boat. At $10 a foot for 3/8" x 6" the old adage "Measure twice, cut once" really takes on meaning.

Edit: I screwed up - the picture is on the next post :blush:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom