My New Boat Upgrades (so far)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lookin' good, there, Stone..
Nice work.
Nice work indeed.
Rick

Stone,looks Ssssweeet dude.Will use your post to help justify a bigger boat to the Mrs.Any chance of spearfishing the Middle Grounds/ I have a coupla buddies almost talked into it ,but it's a long way.A coupla boats together could be the 1st annual Scubaboard Invitational.

100days-a-year,

It's unlikely my boat will see anything east of Port St Joe or west of Pascagoula. As for the Middle Grounds, I'd need to install another 75 gal tank to get back to the nearest shore (Tampa?).

I just started making my speargun racks last night (for slinging the guns and pokey-poles under the hardtop). I'll post a picture when I'm done.

Stone let me know when you may get over toward Port St. Joe. My in-laws have a house at St. Joe beach, between Mexico Beach and Port St. Joe. I am going to try to do some diving off of his boat, but is isn't really set up for diving.

Stone,
Nice boat it is really looking good. Lot of work. Have agreat time down south.

I know this is a little late but ..... regardless how bad teak looks 9 times out of 10 you can take a little 180 grit sandpaper on either the belt sander or DA and get really good results. I personally prefer a oiled finish but because my boat had been varnished in the past -- that is what I have done with the pieces that I had to redo rather than strip it all and go to oiled finish.

Looks like you had pretty good results-- now if I didn't have rod bearing problems I would be out using the thing this weekend. I gotta get a new boat.

Back
Top Bottom