My sync cord sync cord non ttl nikonos to ikelite strobe stopped working !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nuno A

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a sea and sea housing with a D200 and with two ikelite strobes, a d160 as main and ds51 as slave. Both connected with independent cables and working just fine until past weekend.

As usually i test my rig at home everything was working well but when i enter the water the strobes didn't. fire.

As i was going for a second dive after lunch i dried everything and open the housing to see if anything had jump out of place. Everything was well connected but didn't. work anyway. Pack the car and came home. At home i tryed again and like a miracle the strobes started to fire.

I've made the test fire the way advised by ikelite in their site and everything was ok.

This weekend when was testing the rig the strobes didn´t fire again and when i test the cables individually the Ikelite sync cord non ttl nikonos to ikelite strobe for non-ttl strobe nº 4104.31 is not working and the other one is ok.

As anyone had this kind of malfunction ? The cable has about a year and a half and was really expensive !!

I had a similar problem with ikelite sync cords. Sometimes worked and sometimes not. Replaced the cable and works fine. The wires inside was the problem. Sync cords have very fragile wires inside.

Ok!! thats want im going to do replace the cable. Thanks for sharing!!

Back
Top Bottom