My wetsuit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

calscubagirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I haven't been in my 3mm since last Nov. while diving in Maui. Last year my 3 mm wetsuit seemed to be getting a little big on me...should I say, extra room to grow? This is a Henderson Hyperstretch which is REALLY easy to get on and very comfortable to dive in.

Planning for my trip to Maui for this coming Nov. I thought I should try it on because I've recently lost 30lbs since my last trip to Maui. I was thinking I needed to get a smaller size since a wetsuit really needs to fit.
I just tried it on and it feels comfortable but, not loose at all. It's seems that my wetsuit has shrank. The legs have always been kind of long and gathered at the bottom, now they're not. The whole suit seems to fit me perfectly. Though it was actually not as easy to put it on this time as it was the last time I was in it.

I'm glad I don't have to spend the extra money on a new wetsuit but, why does it fit me better than it did when I was 30 lbs heavier and it was big on me before? Is my scale lying to me? lol

I washed it in the machine when I got home from my last trip and hung to dry. Could washing it in the washing machine shrink a wetsuit? I know I didn't use anything but, cold water to wash it in.

Did you perhaps loose some tummy but build up your arms and legs? The limbs are where a suit will ssem more difficult to don and if you have bulked up then there is your answer.

Pete

Did you perhaps loose some tummy but build up your arms and legs? The limbs are where a suit will ssem more difficult to don and if you have bulked up then there is your answer.

Pete

From what I noticed last year in my 3...besides the legs seeming "longer" on me, and around my lower torso it seemed bigger there too. I always had a gathered area at the top of my thighs.
I know I haven't grown taller.

I have been swimming a lot and toning a little and have gotten smaller in the arms but, not bulking although I am stronger than I was. At least I don't see that I'm bulking up. It's almost like I didn't even lose the weight, lol.

I'll stop complaing about it because I'm becoming happy with the results of all the hard work I've put into this. Instead I'm going to count my blessings and be happy I don't have to get another 3mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom