N.Sulawesi - when to go (sept,oct,nov or dec)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the great info.

Also thinking of going to Sumatra (palau weh)? Would this have similar weather to sulawesi? I'll be coming from Singapore so was thinking of going to Sumatra first. Would Jetblue/Valuair be recommended (anyone use them)?

Sea Star,
Pulau Weh is diveable all year around. According Lumba-lumba, if you are looking for calm seas on all sides of the island and sunny weather, then the months March, April, May and September & October are probably the best. November, December & January are the wettest.
We're there 3 weeks ago - we did not loose any dive but the sea a bit rough and the current was strong to fierce and unpredictable, particularly around the total eclipse. Still, you can find some easy divesites. My younger daughter; she did 10 bubble maker at shallows parts and very enjoyed the dive.
I'm too lazy to write a report but my daughters write something about the dive trips at their blogs, link below my signatures.
There's no direct flight from Singapore to B. Aceh - you've to KL and then by Air Asia or to Medan.
No visa on arrival facility at B. Aceh - get the visa before arrive or via medan.
Be carefull with AA, they cancel/delay our flight from KL to B.Aceh for one day. So, we loss one full dive day because of air asia.

Cheers
Wisnu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom