NACD Journal - 2nd quarter 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NACD

Reaction score
This morning, I was looking at my 40th annual NACD seminar T-shirt and noted the following words - Exploration, Education, Service, Safety, and Conservation. Bill Lester, the NACD Journal Editor, is putting the finishing touches on the second quarter journal, and he has all of these covered. You should have it soon so here is a preview of what to expect.

Exploration - Tom Feiden wrote an article regarding his recent cave exploration trip to Cuba. We hope that you enjoy the article and the pictures. Cuba has long been on my list of places to visit. With the possibility of caves to dive, this article fuels my desire for such a trip.

Education - Earlier this year, the NACD (with much help from Walter Pickel, Curt Bowen, and Jon Bojar) hosted a vertical line workshop. Elisha Gibson gives you a recap of this workshop from a beginners point of view.

Service - Don Syme gives you some information on the NACD’s involvement with the Man in the Sea Museum in Panama City, Fl.

Safety - There is a recap of the Safety Day conducted by the NACD in the second quarter. Also, Ricky Dumm writes about his cave diving observations from an intro divers point of view.

Conservation - See the article regarding the 2nd Annual Great Suwannee River Cleanup for which the NACD. Also, read the article on the Madison Blue cleanup. We had 20+ volunteers including park management to help make a difference in the park.

Finally, there is a nice photo essay by Mark Long. He has some nice shots of some of our favorite caves.

If you would like to submit an article or pictures for the next journal issue, the deadline is August 15, 2011. For more information, go to NACD Journal and click on journal submission requirements.

Safe diving,

Sandy Robinson
pr@safecavediving.com

The latest NACD journal has been mailed so you should receive it soon. There is a short article on the Madison cleanup. Unfortunately, I failed to mention Jim Wyatt among the list of volunteers in the article. I think Jim was the first one at the park that day and was instrumental in the NFSA tank bench project. I think he was still at the park when I left mid-afternoon. I apologize to Jim for the omission and thank him for his efforts that day and also for all his other contributions and volunteer efforts to cafe diving. Many of our parks are a better place because of Jim.
Thanks again Jim!

Safe diving,

Sandy Robinson

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom