Nags Head Shore diving - Current Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hex92

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I headed to Nags Head next week and want to get some diving in. Probably go out 2 days on a charter and I would like to try hitting the Huron or the triangle wrecks. I haven't tried any Nags Head shore diving and figure this is the trip to do it.

Anyone been on any of these wrecks this summer? Are they covered up or relatively exposed?

thanks for any info

I went for a quick dip last night and the vis was ok maybe 8' on the triangle, 2' on the south piece. the huron and triangle have lots exposed and are still marked with flags and bouys. If the light E/SE wind keeps up the vis should improve.

Thanks for the info. I will give 1 or 2 of them a try next week.

anyone have expirience on how quickly vis goes away and returns. I am trying to dive OBX labor day weekend.

It all depends on the wind. If we get

Tonight
Se winds 25 to 30 kt. Waves 2 to 3 ft building to 4 ft after midnight. Widespread showers with isolated tstms.
Fri
S winds 25 to 30 kt becoming SW 20 to 25 kt in the afternoon. Waves 3 to 4 ft. Showers and tstms likely.

Like it says, then it may be a few days till it settles out.

Not that I know about. But I will tell you this moring its blowing steady 25 with higher gusts and dumping rain, the sea is up and it will probably be a week before the shore diving is any good. and thats if we get some light winds after its over, but if you cant dive at least the surfing will be good.

That is not suprising ... it has been storming in charlotte for the last four days ... you are also right, it will take at least a week for the water to clear up ... assuming we dont get any more storms

well I delayed the dive in NC for at least a week. Hopefully I will make it there this coming weekend. If anyone else dives there please keep me up to date in the conditions.

Back
Top Bottom