Naive question about BCs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on_two_wheels

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My rental was a Seaquest Pro QD+. I just bought a Pro QD XLT. I recently read a review that commented on it being heavier. Can anyone suggest where I could find (or tell me) if there's any weight difference between these two BCs? If there is, can I reduce the amount I carry? Thanks, in advance.

Your best bet is to spend some time and do a quality weight check with all the equipment you will be using. That is the best way to determine the amount of lead you need to carry.

I agree with crosing.

There is no need to worry with small differences in the dry weight of a BC. What really counts is that a diver is properly weighted for the dive with the equipment being worn for that dive and can dive proficiently.

Remember that even if your BC is heavier than the other, it may not be more negative. I've never seen any review of BCs that included their intrinsic buoyancy. Most BCs are intrinsically positive. My husband's SeaQuest Balance was between 2 and 3 pounds positive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom