Name variables swapped

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

R

redacted

I believe you have the names swapped in the likes notifications.

Example from my notifications: "Ana liked by awap On : PSA for those doing vacation Guided Boat Dives"

Can you show me an example?

Can you show me an example?

An example is in my original post. And, unless I am mistaken, another example should now be in your like notifications.:)

Ok... you mean in the user info page.

Well... how does it look now? The author of the "Likes Tree" is not a native English speaker (for whatever that is worth)

I had noticed that too, but it seems to be fixed now - thanks!

(Non-English speaker might explain why it was "backwards" to how we usually do it.)

Reads better but the clickable highlight is still on the receiver rather than the sender. That would be more useful if switched. Thanks

part of the problem (which I can't really solve here without re-working the whole sub-script) is this...

The Likes Given and Likes received uses the same template, and the highlighted name is the second one in the sentence. So if you look at Likes Given, it looks the way you're suggesting, where the recipient is highlighted.

The "Likes" function is not part of the regular forum software. I will pass your comments on to the developer via their website, and possibly changes could be implemented in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom