Name your favourite Shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is your favourite shark? Scalloped hammerhead

Why do you like this shark? Their bodies seem disjointed from their heads when they swim, they look squiggly, which is an odd adjective to describe a shark

Where have you dived with this shark, best place to see it? Cocos Island, Costa Rica

Tell us your favourite shark moments!
I did a liveaboard in Costa Rica and recognized the same shark on quite a few dives by her mating scars. I loved how interested, but non agressive she was. For further details visit: http://hubpages.com/hub/Magical-Places--Cocos-Island.

Last edited:
tiger sharks are by far my fave! they are so beutiful and graceful. when i did a shark dive in fiji, i was surrounded by bulls, white tips, grey reefs, lemon and others, neer to the end of the dive this huge tiger rocked up and swam right over our heads, was so close i could have touched it! WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!

I think I've begun to take sharks a bit for granted after reading through these posts. I am obviously quite lucky to get to dive the Galapagos each month. I can't think of a dive I've made without seeing at the very least a white-tipped reef shark. I sort of now think of them as big catfish...they're everywhere. While there are lots of species out here, I think it's a tie for me...I LOVE hammerheads. Love that crazy pre-historic shape...love seeing them up close, love seeing them in numbers...I can't seem to get enough of seeing them. Came up a couple weeks back from Gordon Rocks (you dive there for the hammerheads) and before everyone was back in the boat, a young whale shark came straight for us. I got to jump right back in the water with my snorkel and swim about a meter beside him until he took off. Decided chasing a whale shark is about as impossible as chasing penguins (which we also have). Fast, fast creatures.

Put this gallery up from our June outing. The DM I work (Macarron) with is the photographer.

Back
Top Bottom