Nassaua, Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any suggestion on the best dive sites in Nassau......

I'll be there in Sept and only have 3 days of diving and I want to see some of the best. Also want to stay away from the resort dive crowd. Opinions????:sombrero:

Your best best is on the SW corner of New Providence along the Tongue of the Ocean (6000 ft deep trench) I dove with Stuart Cove's on a Shark wall dive and a DPV wall dive along the edge and these dives offered the best coral/visibility on the island and not to mention the plentiful reef sharks that are guaranteed on every dive.

I stayed next to Cable Beach at a time share quite a few years back, but we dove with Sun Divers and at that time they were very good. They were located next to the Colonial and they picked us up in their van to dive. We had some good dives.
Caymaniac

A couple of good dive sites are Hole in the Head (deep dive along a wall with a swim through and a nice reef at 50 ft), Southwest Reef (fun reef with lots to see--saw a few large nurse sharks and tons of morays and rare fish, South Ocean wall (saw a Manta Ray there), Bahama Mama/Shark Pit (fun wreck and big reef sharks), and the Willaurie/Royal James wrecks are fun. Avoid the Bond wrecks they are over-dove and snorkeled. I really suggest Nassau scuba Centre and ask for some of these dives specifically or you might get stuck with a group going to the wrong dives.

I was there in Aug of last year and was not really impressed with the side of the island as far as the diving goes. Did not get a chance to dive the other side. We stayed at the Sandals Resort there.

Im going to be in the Bahamas this we on a liveaboard just found out today not sure on all the info yet. LDS called said that they had a person back out of the trip for what ever reason and offerd it to me for $400.00. Leaves 6-4 and returns on 6-9. Let you know about the trip when I get back.

My wife and I stayed at the Don Juan Beach resort (bad food, great beach) and dove with Treasure Divers for a few days on our way to Curacao and Grand Cayman, caught a cheap flight to Santo Domingo. Other parts of the island I have heard are better, was OK but better islands to dive :rolleyes: . Fresh water cave dive they offered was awesome.

Went last August and was real hard finding other divers. Trips kept getting cancelled. Easy reef diving. What part are you looking at going to?

:rfish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom