Nat Geo Maya Underworld documentary DECEMBER 3rd 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My sister will be on vacation in Cancun until the 22nd of Dec. I paid for her to spend the 21st in Chichen Itza to celebrate whatever....What a cool place to be on that date. There is a big three day celebration there with all of the trimmings.

th

My suck ass cable company -COMCAST -doesn't include that channel with the package I have. But I can get soap operas, religious crap, game shows, and lifetime - tv for gullible idiots. Oh and ESPN as if I'd ever watch that. Along with mtv and vh1. Idiot box is right for my area. Would love to pick my channels.

No need to whine about your cable company..... have you seen any of these shows? You have missed nothing. There were a couple of programs about the Bermuda Triangle that were full of nut jobs and kooks. They had about 5 minutes of diving video that was voiced over by an overly dramatic announcer. They had one about finding pirate ships in africa. They used dime-store electronics; found nothing and dragged it out over an hour.

Don't expect cable or dish to get any cheaper.... their prices are not going down. As far as religious programing.... they buy the air time from cable, or satellite provider. So like you, they're paying.

No need to whine about your cable company..... have you seen any of these shows? You have missed nothing. There were a couple of programs about the Bermuda Triangle that were full of nut jobs and kooks. They had about 5 minutes of diving video that was voiced over by an overly dramatic announcer. They had one about finding pirate ships in africa. They used dime-store electronics; found nothing and dragged it out over an hour.

you know, you might be right but you forgot one major factor...Becky Kagan! you might would like to check out her other work if you have yet to do so. Oh well, check this out... Eagles Nest Cave 2000 feet upstream - YouTube I really don't think that she will let her work be watered down. I did not get the chance to see the program but...

you know, you might be right but you forgot one major factor...Becky Kagan! you might would like to check out her other work if you have yet to do so. Oh well, check this out... Eagles Nest Cave 2000 feet upstream - YouTube I really don't think that she will let her work be watered down. I did not get the chance to see the program but...

They would depend who had the say on what goes on the air, versus the cutting room floor. From what AUE-Mike posted regarding the shows he provided the diving scenes, they were pretty much left out of those discussions. Seems like it is the producer that makes those decisions.

I guess it's like anything else. The person who brings the ball, gets to make the rules.

This is the ONLY way I will enjoy such incredible dives... by "diving dry" sitting in my easy chair and watching on my TV! I'm fine living vicariously so thank you Becky and others for filming this for us less-intrepid souls to experience. Of course I let the viewers of my cable TV show "Dive Dry with Dr. Bill..." no wetsuit or cold water required!

Thanks Tony, I appreciate your sweet comments! :wink: For the record I was actually pretty happy with the way our underwater scenes turned out. I was not part of any of the editing or producing so I have no say in what is done with the footage for the final show. I thought the editor did a great job cutting between Dave's camera and mine and used a lot of our best shots. We spent a total of 20 days filming at 2 different locations so I had no idea what they would use in the final program. I loved the host and thought he brought a young and fresh style to the show and you can't say it was boring!

If you missed it you can catch it on youtube now!
National Geographic - Maya Underworld - The Real Doomsday - YouTube

This was challenging. I had a team of 10 including Dave on second camera, 4 people lighting, safety diver, the archeologist on full face mask coms, and 2 divers holding the long communication cables running 600ft to the surface to give the host a LIVE look at what we were doing! It was quite a production!

Thanks for the link, I did not get a chance to see, but now will. Seems like I just saw a picture of you on a magazine...congrats!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom