Natalee Holloway - Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
has anyone else been following her disappearance?
this looks so grim, but still... there's hope until there isn't any more
I have.

Yeah, unfortunately, it doesn't look good at all; especially, when they are calling in divers.

H2Andy:
has anyone else been following her disappearance?

You can't turn on CNN w/o them running a story/segment on it every 5 minutes.

I'm really surprised at the media coverage on this.

It is a shame though to see this happening to this girl and her family.

I've been to the area of the island that they are talking about. It's very safe I would say. Carlos N Charlies is in a decent part of town also, right next to the cruise boat pier.

Overall Aruba is a very safe island with very little serious crime. They have very low unemployment which I think helps this.

If they are calling in the FBI dive team, they are doing forensic underwater evidence recovery. Doesn't look good for this young girl.

plainsong:
I have.

Yeah, unfortunately, it doesn't look good at all; especially, when they are calling in divers.

Whatis unfortunate as well (completely paling in comparison to the acutal disappearance and unfortunate probable demise of her) is the bad rap this is going to put on a good place. You look at the crime rates for the whole island, and this crime really stands out in its heinousness.

Depressing. For the islanders, but oh, so much more, for the family...

mike_s:
You can't turn on CNN w/o them running a story/segment on it every 5 minutes.

i guess i should have guessed that (i don't watch TV)

It's very sad. I feel really bad for her family, as well as the entire island. I hope they find her, but the outcome doesn't look so good if they're bringing in FBI divers.

Update on the FBI Dive team info.

A report on cnn.com says that earlier reports that the FBI dive team was going in was an error. There are currenlty 7 FBI agents from Miami in Aruba, 2 of which are divers, but not a dive team.

from CNN report:

Janssen also said she has requested FBI dive teams to help search craggy areas of Aruba's coast.

An FBI spokesman in Miami, Florida, said earlier reports that bureau divers would join the search Monday were in error, as was a report that its agents assisted in Sunday's arrests.

Seven FBI agents from Miami are in Aruba, including two divers and evidence collection and analysis experts, and one agent has come from Barbados, the spokesman said

First of all, ..no.. I didn't look a few pages back to see if this was a post... so forgive me if the subject was posted before... Natalee Holloway missing in Aruba.

I have found myself checking the status of this case multiple times during the day hoping she turns up alive.... the odds... I don't know... but this incident for some reason has touched me more than all of the other killings or missing persons report throughout the world today.... my daughter is 3 years old... son 11 years old.... my nephew 14 .. and my niece 19..... I am now officially going to be over protective. :bigun2:

I have really enjoyed the peaceful feeling and surroundings of Aruba when I went there on a vacation with my wife years ago... the world is not the same as it used to be...

I just don't get it.... this is a quote from foxnews.com; "An official close to the case told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity that one of the three men questioned and released last week is the son of a Dutch justice ministry official and has lived on the island for more than 10 years." These are the 3 men that saw her last and say they dropped her off.... :06:

Do you really think she went missing after being dropped off at the hotel??? The security cameras (of course I can only read what is in the media) didn't even show her being dropped off... but the guys that supposedly took her to the beach and dropped her off are "free"... and the other one's are in jail. Of course we don't have all the facts... but this one is crazy. I am all the way across here in California.... and it to me has much more impact than the Jacko Trial.... even though I will be glad when he is finally put away. (uh oh..I hope I didn't ignite a posting controversy with any Jacko Fans)

Good Night......
I pray they find her!

John

Dollars to donuts that girl was sold and is now a sex slave. She is likely thousands of miles from Aruba now (or about three hundred miles, but the top two likely places are half a world away).
Slavery is alive and well in the 21st century.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom