National Aquarium in Baltimore Volunteer Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright Throwback....your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to keep all of us who have yet another year to wait for the next test enthralled with your exciting stories of buckled swashes and dangerous derring-do. :confined:

In renumeration of this laborious task......... :cheers: :coke: ....could be arranged.

:eyebrow:

I'll see what I can do...If the preasure you've put on me does not cause me to have a breakdown first that is :wink:

Throwback:
I'll see what I can do...If the preasure you've put on me does not cause me to have a breakdown first that is :wink:

Hey, I offered to help relieve the pressure!!!!!!!!!!! :coke: :cheers:

Well, having looked at the volunteer list again, I decided to add aquarist and herpetologist assisting to the list. Maybe I can be useful between now and the time of the next diver test. Hopefully I haven't missed those dates as well.

Staredge:
Hopefully I haven't missed those dates as well.

There's no testing for these positions, but you should sign up soon as the spring training sessions are not too far off. Volunteering in other ways will go a long way to helping you become a volunteer diver. Just from working around the animals and attending the training sessions, you'll become fimiliar with a number of the diver's test questions.

Good luck

NAIBDiver1

NAIBdiver1:
There's no testing for these positions, but you should sign up soon as the spring training sessions are not too far off. Volunteering in other ways will go a long way to helping you become a volunteer diver. Just from working around the animals and attending the training sessions, you'll become fimiliar with a number of the diver's test questions.

That's what I figured as well. I got an e-mail back saying they'd let me know about applications and interviews. Any inside hints I should know????? :mischief: :D

Throwback:
Today is water skills day. Good luck to everyone at the pool today.

I'm sure you did great !!!

I staid home because of the weather and bad driving conditions - hope you didn't have any trouble getting there.

Best of luck

NAIBDiver 1

I was scheduled for 10AM and the surface roads were pretty bad, but 95 was clear. It looked like everyone showed up to take the test (at in least the 9 and 10 AM groups), but that they were a little short on dive buddies. We were told that results would be mailed out by Wednesday. Other than being a little nervous, the in-water portions of the test were kind of cool and I'd love to be able to do tasks like that for training purposes on a regular basis (maybe during the winter when local diving is not very accessible). I have to say that you'd be hard pressed to meet a nicer bunch of people - both NAIB volunteers and prospective volunteers.

Jackie

Hoyden:
I was scheduled for 10AM and the surface roads were pretty bad, but 95 was clear. It looked like everyone showed up to take the test (at in least the 9 and 10 AM groups), but that they were a little short on dive buddies. We were told that results would be mailed out by Wednesday. Other than being a little nervous, the in-water portions of the test were kind of cool and I'd love to be able to do tasks like that for training purposes on a regular basis (maybe during the winter when local diving is not very accessible). I have to say that you'd be hard pressed to meet a nicer bunch of people - both NAIB volunteers and prospective volunteers.

Jackie

Please, enlighten those of us not on this year's list!!!!!!!!!!! Whadya do??????? :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom