National Guard Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikswi

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone on this board know of or presently perform SCUBA duties as part of their NG obligation? I was in the Guard for a while and I ETS'd in 2000. While in, I made allot of friends, some of them high in rank. I was on AOL Messenger last week (hardley ever go on) when somebody popped on and asked how I was doing. Make a long story short, it was a 2nd LT that I served under and now he's AGR and a Major! The Battalion XO no less.

I brought my machine down to him (bobcat) and did some grading work for him. He was telling me about the sick bonus's for coming back in as well as he's presently forming a Dive Team. New Company, almost unlimited funds. I am very intrested.......he doesnt have the MTOE yet so he doent have many answers for me but I was wondering if anyone here was/is or has been exposed to a dive team on the NG side.
In particular, I am intrested in the mission. I dont want to be a part of a group of people that call themselves divers just to wear the uniform but, if this is the real deal, then I just may be intrested.....plus the $$ aint bad either.

Thanks

I would be interested in getting some more information on this unit as well.

The Army reserve did have two OOB (now 21 D) but they were disbanded over five years ago.

I did hear some talk or re-forming the reserve component dive teams at this years Army diver reunion.

I would be very interested in any information or points of contact you could provide. I would be interested in enlisting for such a unit if it was within a reasonable range of Florida.

Jeff

rmediver2002:
I would be interested in getting some more information on this unit as well.

The Army reserve did have two OOB (now 21 D) but they were disbanded over five years ago.

I did hear some talk or re-forming the reserve component dive teams at this years Army diver reunion.

I would be very interested in any information or points of contact you could provide. I would be interested in enlisting for such a unit if it was within a reasonable range of Florida.

Jeff
Well, Im from Mass and the unit will be in CT, about 1 1/2 hours away from me. I dont mind making the drive and comittment if its there on the other end. You have served, so you know what that comment means.

It is my understanding though that this mission will become more integrated within the NGB & Reserve components. Who knows what the future brings......plus, I always did love those MRE's!!

I will post info as I get it. Tonight he's going to a retirement party for a full bird so I should have more info in a few days.

hello there,

I am a ex-navy SAR Diver. Hearing of many new jobs, as such I.E. Fire Dept's now forming Dive teams and many other state programs starting up new dive teams.

good luck. The more you look into it, i am sure the more you will get

SM3(SAR/SW/AW) seaboyforever

I didn't realize that SAR was a dive qualified rating?

I have only worked with one SAR swimmer and he had gone through 2nd class school first.

Any more info on the reserve divers?

I spoke with the Major the other day about it. He just got the MTOE 2 weeks ago and until he deploys an infantry unit overseas for 15 Jan 06, he doesnt have much time to look at it. If you are interested, when he makes me a copy, I can pass it on to you.

rmediver2002:
I would be interested in enlisting for such a unit if it was within a reasonable range of Florida.
Jeff

I'm from Mass and the unit will be in CT, Niantic area. So, thats quite a trip to make each month :wink:

Hey thanks, I would be interested in learning more about the unit and any like it.

I had heard from someone about one starting in TX also...

Man, couple hours travel to work as a diver? Wait until you read through the MTOE before you dismiss it... It might be worth your time...

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom