NaturaGart Dive Park Germany short review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shoturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

Went diving at NaturaGart on Monday in Germanz.

The site is not just a dive part, but a showcase for NaturaGart, which is a natural swimming pool, pond, and gardening company. This is a very intresting dive, and is the only man made dive park that has nature incorperated in the design. Besides the diving, there is a nature walk that you can take. Currently the park is still under construction, for more garden displays. The parking area is a bit far from the dive site, so there are carts available to put all you gear on, even a tank if you bring one.

The Park is in Niedersachsen or Lower Saxoney. The closest airport is Münster Osnabrück.

The dive shop rents 7 mm wetsuits with hoods, which was perfect for my wife. It was a tad warm for me, I could have gotten away with a 5mm. The shop rents DIN ready tanks, in both 200 and 300 bar versions. For the Yoke regs owners, the shop has din to yoke adopter for the tank. For those who do not have gear, they offer the whole set up also.

Also, they is plenty of rest areas, you can enjoy a break at their cafe, with a beer, coffee, or cake.

For US dollar countrymen, the Euro was at $1.48. One dive lasting about 1, is 20 Euros and 10 Euros for a second dive, or 25 for a day card for multi dives. If you are unfamiliar diver, a guide will cost 39 Euros, that can be split up between the group, if you plan to go with friends. Check out the link to see the rates.

Also if you plan on taking picture, no flash is allow. So that it does not disturb the fish life. If you have any question talk to Elke, she will square you away. Just remember, they do not take any plastic, so make sure you bring plenty of cash.

Tauchpark Naturagart - Zeiten und Preise

Our Guide was Frank.

The dive site.

Water temp was about 21 degree C, with a vis about 4 meters. Max dept is 10 meters. The water entery is right in back of the dive shop. Is is a nice easy short walk with all your gear on. Once you enter the dive pool, you can sit on the stairs to put you fins on. And then move in to the deeper part to do you weight check. And go right to to 10 meters.

When we reach 10 meters, the water was a bit green. Right away, we saw some of the fresh water fish. There were some rainbow trout, and couple of other large fish. As we swam to the far end of the park, the guide took us over to the egyptian temple area, which was quite cool.

After the temple we swam to the atlantis area, There we were swarm by a school of fresh water fish. And it was here, that the fun really began. The Sturgis, started to swim up to you , nibbling at you. One was nibbling at my finger, as I opted not to wear gloves. It kinda tickled. That was when the guild broke out the fish food to feed the sturgis. When Frank brought out the blueberries, all sturgis came out to greet us. Some measure up to 2.8 meters. And Frank gave us all Blueberries to hand feed the Sturgis. It really tickle as the nibble off you. Some were nibbling out masks, while others tried to swim through my arms trying to get to the food. We stayed there for about 10 minutes, until the bag of blueberries were finish. There were atleast 10 Sturgis, and other fish there. They ask that you only feed the sturgis and not pet or touch the Sturgis.

After the Atlantis area, were swam through some underwater caves. It was quite nice watching the sunlight shin through the caverns. We slowly made our way thrown on cave section.

After the first cave section, we dove the wreck. It was a simulate boat about 10 meter. We were able to swim through the wreck. As you exited the wreck our guide pointied out the boat's head, with toilette seat to give it a bit of humor. :D

After the wreck, we swam to a reef section. It was about 45 minutes, by now so we made our way back to the entery/exit point. When we exited after 55 minutes, it was nice to just swim to the stairs, take off the fins, and walk to a table to remove the bc, all of 15 feet.

To see the whole dive park, it requires 2 tanks. And it is best to do when it is a sunny day. To get the full effect of diving through caverns.

Now after the first dive, and getting off the gear. It was time to enjoy some good beer and great cake at the cafe. There is pleanty of seating and tables to relax at. This was a really enjoyable dive. And the Sturgis made a good dive into a super fun dive. I would recommend doing it if you have a chance.

If you plan to dive the site, call ahead or email for a reservation. If they have large groups, you will not be able to be a walk in. Also brush up on your german, it will help out alot.:D

Back
Top Bottom