NAUI dive table cold correction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xaryo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm currently taking the NAUI Master diver course.

Being the first time I use the Naui dive table, there is something I don't quite understand.

The cold water correction.

With PADI, you add 10 ft to your planned depth, but with NAUI, it is something like "+1 step to the right".

How does it work?

I'm unfamiliar with the NAUI tables, but if they have a series of depth columns running left to right in 10 foot increments, it's the same thing.

For the Naui tables, take depth out of the picture. Use the next greatest bottom time, or in essence add 1 letter group. If you would have come out an E diver, you should consider yourself F.

neet info does the computer do this for you as it monitors water temp???

ignore this post

neet info does the computer do this for you as it monitors water temp???
No, computers are using Bühlmann's decompression algorithm (or VPM) typically. I know for a fact that Bühlmann didn't include temp into his formula, and I'm nearly certain that VPM doesn't, either.

No, computers are using Bühlmann's decompression algorithm (or VPM) typically. I know for a fact that Bühlmann didn't include temp into his formula, and I'm nearly certain that VPM doesn't, either.

ok then for us computer users hwat kind of comp to we have to do to correct for this or is it a moot point as most will not reach dive time limit in cold water. next what is cold water below 70. and does the wet suit or dry suit as i suspect negate the need to comp.

ok then for us computer users hwat kind of comp to we have to do to correct for this or is it a moot point as most will not reach dive time limit in cold water. next what is cold water below 70. and does the wet suit or dry suit as i suspect negate the need to comp.
I don't think it's necessary to adjust for it. I could see where a safety stop would be less effective if you've got lots of vascular constriction going on, but if you're THAT cold, what's the chances you're really doing repetitive diving anyways?

Just my $0.02.

I don't think it's necessary to adjust for it. I could see where a safety stop would be less effective if you've got lots of vascular constriction going on, but if you're THAT cold, what's the chances you're really doing repetitive diving anyways?

Just my $0.02.

I AGREE AND IF YOU ARE WEARING A WARM TOASTY EXPOSURE suit a cold body doesl not exist so it makes sence that the computer does not correct for this.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom