Nauticam NA-EM5 + Nauticam Arm and Tray double strobes buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex Solich

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi There,

Great reviews there about the OM-D and the nauticam housing. A big thanks to Phil Rudin for thorough evaluation.
I decided to take a leap and step up from my E-PL1 + 10 Bar setup.
I am thinking about OM-D with Nauticam NA-EM5, Nauticam arms and trays, double Sea and Sea YSD1 strobes.
Ports : 4,33" Fisheye 4" Wide, 45mm Macroport, with 8mmFish, 45mm macro, 9-18, 14-42, and a 12mm F2.

My question is is about the buoyancy of such system. I am aware that with different port setups it will vary, but to achieve a nice neutral or slightly negative buoyancy what kind or type of float arms or dynacell is needed.
So in short what is the weight of such system underwater.

One more thing, is there a compatible port in nauticam port lineup for the new PanaX 12-35 / 2.8?

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards

Alex

I have the NA-EM5 with dual YS-D1s, but with a UCLS tray and arms. I used four Styx on the arms for flotation. The rid is slightly negative, even with the 4" dome port. I have no trouble hold it with one hand and taking pictures.

1024.jpg

Thank You so much for the help!
May I ask you what type of tray and arm system do you recommend, as ULCS system is way out of my budget (here in EU the whole assembly costs around 700Eur, (870USD))

Thanks again!

---------- Post Merged at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Do somebody have some feedback about this system?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-ARM-TRAY-set-DUAL-INON-underwater-strobes-/280321904662?pt=US_Camera_Underwater_Housings&hash=item41447cd016#ht_1775wt_1052
Seems to me it is like a digi&dive rig.

Cheers

May I ask you what type of tray and arm system do you recommend, as ULCS system is way out of my budget (here in EU the whole assembly costs around 700Eur, (870USD))

My Nauticam NA-EM5 with Flexitray has just arived. I nearly didn't get their tray, thinking I would somehow bodge my old ULCS tray to fit, but I'm very pleased that I did. It can be adjusted so that the zoom control fits perfectly between your left thumb / fingers without releasing the handle. My old ULCS handle & tray is bigger and less adjustable, and would definately not provide such good ergonomics with this housing, so I don't think you're missing out...

For the record, I'm still using my old ULCS arms which fit well, but I know other manufacturers make components to the same dimensions.

I haven't had it in the water yet so can't comment on buoyancy...

I have the NA-EM5 with dual YS-D1s, but with a UCLS tray and arms. I used four Styx on the arms for flotation. The rid is slightly negative, even with the 4" dome port. I have no trouble hold it with one hand and taking pictures.

1024.jpg

Those Stix floats are Jumbos or Large sized?
I assume these are stix jumbo floats. 190g lift / piece. So the whole rig is about 1000g taking into account that flashes are neutrally buoyant and that your rig is slightly negative.

Am i right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom