Nauticam NA-LX7, WetMate dome & 67mm red filter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It depends how wide the wetmate gives back the land field of view that is sufficient for reef and medium size fish
For very close large subject is better to have a 100 degree wide lens but those lenses are very heavy in water
Ultimately the choice of lenses depends on your subjects

If by wet dome you mean the WetMate, for the price it is definitely worth it.
I'd say, any kind of wet dome is better than the housing mere front glass, which, as brilliantly demonstrated by Interceptor121 in his blog, only allows for unpleasant distortion and very reduced field of view.
If you are looking for an all-purpose video dome, it's a winner if you are constrained by budget, weight and space issues.
Having said that, you probably want a wide angle dome port if you need to frame entire wrecks and/or whaleshark-alike-sized animals.
I shoot footage for my own stock library, plus every now and then do short two-dive productions for customers in the dive centre and sell it as a souvenir video. For that purpose it does the job properly.
I could use a wider lens for Manta cleaning stations, groups of grey reef sharks and the occasional big spotted one, but I am more than happy with that.
Here's also an example of some still shots I recently took as part of a souvenir package for some customers doing a Discover Scuba course. All the shots in water are made with the WetMate mounted and natural light only.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom