Nautieye NE1200NS light review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aviator8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a new light from Nautieye to review for you today. The Nautieye NE1200NS is a 1200 lumen handheld dive light. I did an unboxing and discussion of the features in this video:

While this is not my personal favorite handheld dive light, it is a good one and does have some benefits over the NE650 dive light. This is almost double the lumen at 1200. The length is only slightly longer than the smaller NE650. The feel of this will probably be nicer for those with smaller hands since the barrel diameter is smaller. Additionally this comes with a 18650 2900Mah battery and charger. I am told these are Panasonic cells sourced directly from Japan. I tested the cell I received and it tested out to 2880 Mah with an internal resistance of 83miliOhms So the capacity and health appear to be top notch.

I did some bucket tests to get actual runtimes verse published. You can see them here with the light spread in water.
P1010326.JPG
P1010327.JPG
P1010328.JPG

The manual states a 90 min run time and that is right at what I got in my test. It ran in the bucket with the supplied battery for 1 hour and 32 mins. What was a little surprising to me was that I popped in a 3400Mah battery and did another test expecting to get another 20 mins or so of running time but only got 3 more mins. Once this light goes into the flashing red the manual states it changes the brightness to 10%. Buy to my eye I think it was more like half brightness. To give you an idea on when you will reach certain levels of battery power I recorded the status changes
  • 100% Blue 0min
  • 80% Green 27min
  • 30% Red 62min
  • 10% Flashing Red 85min
  • 0% Off 95min

I did the low power run test with the 3400Mah battery and it ran 5 hours and 56 mins. Battery status changed like this:
  • 100% Blue 0min
  • 80% Green 106min
  • 30% Red 241min
  • 10% Flashing Red 346min
  • 0% Off 356min
I have added some comparison pictures and pictures at various power levels

High
NE1200NS high.JPG

Med
NE1200NS Med.JPG

Low
NE1200NS low.JPG

left to right
NE650, NE1200NS, T1800H
NE650  NE1200NS  T1800H.JPG

left to right
NE650, DGX600, NE1200NS, HOG DL-20
NE650 DGX600 NE1200NS  HOG.JPG

left to right
NE1200NS, HOG DL-20
NE1200NS HOG.JPG

Pros
  • Nice feel especially for divers with smaller hands
  • Plenty of light output
  • Comes with a good Lion cell of decent power

Cons
  • Personally I prefer some grip on the light to a smooth finish
  • Light head heats up more than similar lights I have. This is due to higher output and a smaller light head to act as a heatsink

The MSRP on this light is $99 but I can offer it for $85 buyer pays shipping. If there is enough interest I can place an order. If you have other questions please let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Back
Top Bottom