Navy SEAL training with dual hose regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this is off the thread subject, but Doc, did they have you do the "save a goat's life" drill in SFQC? This is an interest of mine, I was 91B back when I first came in and I am giving hard thoughts to going 18D soon. But of course I need some real on the ground info about deployments and family time from someone like yourself. Thanks.

PM Tain

tainosoldier:
I know this is off the thread subject, but Doc, did they have you do the "save a goat's life" drill in SFQC? This is an interest of mine, I was 91B back when I first came in and I am giving hard thoughts to going 18D soon. But of course I need some real on the ground info about deployments and family time from someone like yourself. Thanks.

Some things are better not let out in the general public.

BUT I have been through two "Goat Labs"

We named her Demi :07:

How cute, Aqua. BTW the Rescue Warriors is fairly toned down, but a really good series.

I have several friends who have been through BUD/s and from what I am told the reason in the initial part of the dive phase (phase 2) the reason they use the dual hose regulators is that one of the drills involves the hoses being tied from behind. It is a combat diving drill where their mask is knocked off, they are spun around to disorient them, and they have to remove the rig entirely, follow a very specific procedure, untie the knot (there is one that cannot be untied and have to be able to identify it), return the rig to their back and resume normal breathing.... Sounds alot easier than it is from what im told....

Stryker:
I have several friends who have been through BUD/s and from what I am told the reason in the initial part of the dive phase (phase 2) the reason they use the dual hose regulators is that one of the drills involves the hoses being tied from behind. It is a combat diving drill where their mask is knocked off, they are spun around to disorient them, and they have to remove the rig entirely, follow a very specific procedure, untie the knot (there is one that cannot be untied and have to be able to identify it), return the rig to their back and resume normal breathing.... Sounds alot easier than it is from what im told....
that IS THE ONE MAN SLAM OR One man Compentency as it is called in the curriculum. The Dual hose rig would not work for that purpose. They rip your reg out of your mouth and run it throught your manifold (twin one peice) and tun the air back on so it is imposible to dislodge without ditching your tanks. By the time you try to recover the reg you are already doing the "baby seal" I waited so long to ditch I was doing the baby seal when I ditched. My "surf" AKA PO JP NSWU3 and SFC Chris USA Ranger Recon Det. one of them came down and tapped me on the shoulder to let me know to ditch. I had to purge the 2nd stg and breath bubbles to get enough air to shut off the air to untie the knot. The whole excersise takes 20 minutes. It is impossible to describe the Fear of failure, difficulty, and amount of savage beating one expeariences during the One Man Comp. Or the Pride when PO JP & SFC C tell you "I'd dive with you." The Two man comp is fun you and your DB swim along a lane and the "Surf" nocks your gear off piece by peice til your swimming in UDT's and breathing on your DB's rig, oh and BTW if you become sepparated from your DB you both are a NO GO. ANYWAY enough of the fun days. Like I said B4 I could never describe the feelings that one feels to those who have not gone. I wish I could because it is I N T E N S E
AQUA

Stryker:
oH AND OUR MASKS WERE THE ONLY THING WE KEPT ON (AND OUR UDT'S) because they were spray painted black so we were blind doing our ditch and checks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom