NC Charter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Graveyarddiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So this is just a rumor, but based on who I heard it from it carries some weight. Apparently a local charter left someone at a dive site. I’m not going to be specific as to what outfit in case it’s not substantiated it. Just looking for information on the topic. Apparently it happened within the past year.

If it’s going to happen, it will happen out there.

If it’s going to happen, it will happen out there.
Do you mind explaining this?
I consider myself a new(ish) diver, like to travel and dive new places. I know your past involvement in running a charter. Your comment implies that some local practice there makes it more likely as a diver to get left than other places.

What makes you say if it’s going to happen, it will happen in N.C.?

Most if not all boats physically tie into the wreck with a chain, rather than just a hook. It’s a much better practice than drift diving, and the charter boat chasing SMBs at the end of a dive.

At least on the dives I have been on there is a roll call before leaving the dive site and the double check the roll before leaving the dock.

Easy guys, it’s a quote from the movie Capt Ron.

No divers get left at the dock. Well, they might, but it’s not that big a deal.

ed7CRQQl.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-3_22-9-57.jpeg
    upload_2018-6-3_22-9-57.jpeg
    10.8 KB · Views: 94
No divers get left at the dock. Well, they might, but it’s not that big a deal.

Point is to make sure that the roll matches up with the divers who actually get on the boat and leave with it. But you know that. Roll you get from the shop might not match the passengers with a last minute cancelation or addition.

Back
Top Bottom