NDR: friggin' damn horses.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The friggin' damn sorrel got out this evening...made it down to the road.

Frank, Alan...y'all know how the farm to market road is in front of the house...a bit of a level spot where you can see a bit ahead of you if you are driving. Thank goodness it wasn't at a spot where cars top the hill before they can see anything.

Damn horse was running up, across, and down the road while I was trying to get him back into the driveway to go back to the house...had that damn Arabian pompadour tail up in the air the whole time.

Several cars, trucks stopped to let the horse get out of the way...but no one stopped to help. :shakehead:

And that damn Husky I have is definitely a worthless herding dog...I should have had my nephew's Catahoula or a Blue Heeler.

Finally got the knothead back in the pasture.

Oh well, at least I had some good ribs for dinner that I smoked this last weekend. I think I need to do a brisket soon. :D

I also think that I also need to get my stuff inspected and hydroed.

Too bad we weren't driving by about then...
We could have honked our horns and waved the dive flags and hooted and hollered like the bunch of hoot-nanny crackers that we are as we chased after the horse.

Back when I boarded my TB he was the 1st horse ever to cross their bridge and he took the whole remuda with him. They high tailed it up the middle of a very busy road. Everyone at the stables was chasing them. He and I were unpopular for awhile.

Too bad we weren't driving by about then...
We could have honked our horns and waved the dive flags and hooted and hollered like the bunch of hoot-nanny crackers that we are as we chased after the horse.

LOL. Yeah Frank, I wish you had been here. You running around waving something would make ANYTHING run for home!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Oh well, we may be a bunch of hoot-nanny crackers, but I seem to like it a little better here than where I grew up. See attachment.

Used to work in the tallest building in the picture, to the left of center (not the one with the antenna).

It's a little more laid back here. :D

Attachments

• Pic.jpg
    Pic.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 33
I'm trusting the ribs were bovine or porcine and not equine? (I have no idea exactly how angry you actually were at that horse!)

Oh well, at least I had some good ribs for dinner that I smoked this last weekend. I think I need to do a brisket soon. :D

I also think that I also need to get my stuff inspected and hydroed.

I'm trusting the ribs were bovine or porcine and not equine? (I have no idea exactly how angry you actually were at that horse!)

Definitely not equine. :)

Peppermint...maybe you should have told them that since you are paying for the boarding of the horse they should have a secure facility....unless your horse broke something. :D

Haven't seen a porcupine in the road for awhile, just squirrels, 'possums, skunks, some deer, and a few red tail hawks that were dining and didn't see the car coming.

OH, you said porcINE...yup, couple of slabs of baby back ribs on the barrel smoker with some hickory/pecan wood mix. And a turkey breast. Oh...turkey was on the grid, not on the fire.

Sell the husky and get a .30-06. That'll slow the horse down and make him easier to drag back into the stall. (with the tractor anyway)

That's jist awl kindsa wrong.

:D

Last edited:
Haven't seen a porcupine in the road for awhile, just squirrels, 'possums, skunks, some deer, and a few red tail hawks that were dining and didn't see the car coming.

and one horse :D

Back
Top Bottom