NDR: MS Office/Windows XP experts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi - Maybe Alejandro? (The computer wiz on Calle 7 entre 30 y 25.) Dailene recommends him and would probably have his number. Or you can ask Nemecio if he knows anyone. Just thinkin' out loud. -D

He doesn't return phone calls, and quite frankly...I haven't been impressed with any of the computer techs here. It seems like most of the time I know as much or more than many of them...and that's not saying much at all! Eduardo from crew members is the best I've found, but he hasn't been able to help me with this either.

Christy, have you tried contacting microsoft and letting them remote access the computer? They have had to do it for my laptop and i have to say that 2 out 4 times they actually fixed the problem. 50/50 is not sooo bad?

Christy, have you tried contacting microsoft and letting them remote access the computer? They have had to do it for my laptop and i have to say that 2 out 4 times they actually fixed the problem. 50/50 is not sooo bad?

Yeh, that was my next step :) Thanks and I'm glad to know someone has used that option successfully!

Update:

Thanks to everyone for the PM's, e-mails and posts with suggestions and help on this topic. I finally found a local guy that spent about four hours today on my computer and we have a livable workaround. He could not figure out the source of the problem, we just reconfigured some things to give us the functionality we need for the reports/documents we share...so I think we are good for now!

The only problem I still have is that I forgot to have him look at my outlook....my address book is empty, but my contacts list is not. I can't figure out how to get he contact list into my address book! Sometimes I want to go back to the old paper and pen method...haha!

Christi, there's a guy in Puerto Aventuras on the mainland who I've heard from a couple people in the Aventuras and Akumal area is supposed to be good. (He and his wife are (or were, as I know it was for sale) the owners of XTC Dive Center in Xcalak) AkuComp.Akumal.us - Akumal Based Mobile Computer Repair Service and Consulting

I have no idea if he could help you over the phone or if he's ever in Cozumel.

The other suggestion... just get a Mac! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom