NE Florida Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'am new to the scubaboard but have read many postings about the lionfish in the area and would like to have a little input. I live and dive in Northeast Florida in the Jacksonville, St Augustine area and have stumbled across many Lionfish in this area. While diving on some A6's off St. Augustine for example, there was one of these airplanes that must have had 25 or 30 on it. I have no idea what can be done about this at this point. It seems there are too many for capture to make any difference in the population in this area.

Hello Paul,
Cant help with the Lionfish Question. But wanted to ask about the A6 dives. I live in Jax and just got my certification in the springs. I wanted to find out about the vis and depth on the A6 site. I have the #'s for the spot but I have never fished or dove there. Any info you could provide would be helpful. Thanks, Calm Seas and Clear Water. Dave

We went out in October and the viz was around 30 to 35 feet. You could see the next plane from the one you were on. We did not get any fish from this sight on that trip but have in the past. We did see lots of bait, spade fish and some jacks.

Back
Top Bottom