Nearly completed!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, My kit is nearly completed!

Last week my wife and I made the major purchase to get the most expensive parts of our gear.

I got the Zeagle Ranger LTD bc and my wife got the Seaquest Balance BCD. Then we picked up the Atomic B2 reg and the SS1 AAS.

The big hit to the wallet was the VT Pro computer. But, I been impressed with it since I heard of it.

My wife hasn't made her mind up with what regs and computer she wants just yet, so when she does, we'll pick up the remainder of the gear we need, but the bulk of it is done.

So, what do ya'll think? Did we do alright? (Not that I can change much now)

Darin

Congrats, all great equipment.

Well done on the BCD - I wore a ranger ltd for years loved it to death (literally)

Darin:
Well, My kit is nearly completed!

So, what do ya'll think?

Darin
It will never be completed. Way to many toys to ever say you're done or completed.

Gary D.

Good choice on gear! You will love the computer, very easy to use with all the right info where you need and when you need it. I had one until it went belly up on me, got the Atom instead but I still love the VT PRO for it's size and ease of use. If you can get the download cable so you can see the sampling and log the dives in the, ill designed, but available OceanLog software.

Gary D.:
It will never be completed. Way to many toys to ever say you're done or completed.

Gary D.

So true, so true...

but at least we are just to the point now that we can go diving without having to rent a bunch of gear.

Right now, all we'd need to rent is a set of regs for me or the wife, tanks and weights. WAY cheaper than renting everything except M,F,S

BTW, the shot pouches that came with the Ranger LTD, these are shot pouches right? Can I just go to the local gun store and buy shotgun lead shot for these? Or is there a "special" type of shot to put in these?

Thanks,

Darin

great choice on brands ...... Zeagle and Atomic are companies that have stood behind their products with parts and service ....... to find out about diving companies that have not honored their written warranties read www.scubaboard.com/t70450-.html

Like you Darin, I also just bought the "the critical gear". I tried several different products, ending with the Sherwood Avid with Maximus regs and Sherwood Luna with Maximus regs for my wife. As the cost of the computers would really add to the final tally, we held off on them for now, but I am leaning towards the Wisdom down the road.

Next on list; computer, then Drysuits.

Damn expensive sport, isn't it?

Now,,, get wet and have fun!!!!! It never ends though, always a piece of gear on my wish-list.

Tamas:
...got the Atom instead but I still love the VT PRO for it's size and ease of use....

I have a data trans plus and am considering upgrading computer to the atom. How do you like it? I like the DT+ because most everything you need is right there. I'm concerned about having to push lots of buttons on the atom. I've been looking around for reviews on it and can't find anything useful. I like the thought of the atom for its size as well as the fact that I can have my dt+ as a backup (both use the atom xmitter). I am not sure I like the atom because of its size and having to push buttons as well as its liberal algorithms. Need to decide if I stick with oceanic or move to Suunto or something else with a more conservative set of algorithms.

If you know of reviews on the atom, I would appreciate if you would pass the link(s) along.

Thanks,
Chris

Darin:
So true, so true...

but at least we are just to the point now that we can go diving without having to rent a bunch of gear.

Yes, the gear purchasing never really ends. It just takes a break when funds start running low....

But this is a key point. You can not get out and dive without having to rent, which can make things difficult. Having to rent means making arrangements to get the gear, then dry it and return it afterwards. Now you can just pick up and go

Back
Top Bottom