neck seal leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snuggle

Reaction score
took my drysuit to the pool today and found that water is getting in at the neck seal..can anyone help me on this..thanks

its a neoprene suit..the seals are rubber..so i guess they are neoprene

I had neck seal problem once as well and the only way I could solve the mystery was to put plugs in the arms and neck and fill the suit with air. Next I sprayed the suit down with soap and water and found some bubbles where a very tiny hole happened to be in the seal. Now you may want to check everything else before you do this since it is kinda a pain in the a$$. I has spent quite some time though looking for the leak and was not able to find it untill I did this.

There is not enough information to properly answer the question...

1) Are you sure that you had it donned correctly? Is there a possibility that you had undergarment/hair in the neck seal area? Was the neck seal laying flat and even around your neck or folded over properly if it was neoprene?

2) Do you have a thin neck such that when you grimace or swallow, your throat or tendons stand out from the neck and possibly break the seal?

3) Is your neck seal properly fitted? Is it trimmed too large?

The majority of the time there are leaks in the seal area, unless there is physical damage, it is usually from donning procedures.

Were you taking a drysuit class when you took the drysuit into the pool? Your instructor should have been able to help, or at least let you know what kind of seals you have. If not a class, then I reccomend that you either take a class, or get some oversight/help from a friend who has used a drysuit before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom