Neck Travel pillow (Airplane rides)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DXHI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys was wondering if anyone had stumbled upon something great and wonderful besides the run of the mill neck pillows at all the airport kiosks.

I have a disc causing me some issues and would like to have one that doesn’t deform under the weight of my big noggin

I was hoping tempurpedic made one but can’t find

Thanks in advance

I don't use those pillows. I find them useless. I'm short enough that I can just fall asleep with my head on the tray table. But for those who aren't short enough for that, this might work for you.

1682677290902.png

I don't know of any magic ones, but two tips are -
- make sure it isn't too fluffy/fleecy - no point cooking your neck for 16 hours
- make sure that it has something/someway of connecting it to your luggage so as you don't have a hand tied up carrying it

My wife uses the blowup version of the pillow pictured above and swears by it. Tried everything else without success. This seems to keep your neck extended which helps with disc issues.

I just bought a Trtl pillow and will be testing it out in a couple weeks with trips to Cayman and Cocos. Will report back.

These are great if you don't have a tall upper body. I'm 5'11" but sit taller than my 6'2" dad. I tried it on a cross country flight but I ended up being hunched over to the point of discomfort. My 5'2" wife used it after I gave up. My dad used the same one (why buy multiple) on his recent flights to/from Japan and worked great for him.

JefDiee Inflatable Travel Pillow

Well that is interesting! With my height, I can't even put the tray down as it sits on my knees/thighs...

Airline travel is a horrific experience for me... I cannot fathom a trip of more than 5 or so hours...

Then again, I actually have to be able to travel...

How about just removing your wing from your backplate and use that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom