NEDU Study

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ross,

...and tell me where you think Dr Doolette is wrong in his claim that the NEDU shallow stops profile protected the fast tissues in comparison to the slow tissues, and where his opinion differs from mine?

Thanks,

Simon M

I'm busy with a new V-Planner / MultiDeco program release (including your gas density request).

This question above will have to wait until next week.

Great,

The gas density warning / guideline would be a valuable addition.

Also, my question was written in a hurry and was phrased incorrectly. I have corrected it, but what I mean (obviously) is:

tell me where you think Dr Doolette is wrong in his claim that the NEDU deep stops profile protected the fast tissues in comparison to the shallow stops profile, and where his opinion differs from mine?

I look forward to the answer.

Simon M

Ross,

I note from the text quoted by Diver0001 ("one overly interested Dr") that you are back to the strategy of attempting to portray me as a lone voice. This is so easy to disprove in multiple ways, but since it comes up repetitively I wanted to pick up on this comment as an example:

Could you please watch the video (minute 33:14) here:

...and tell me where you think Dr Doolette is wrong in his claim that the NEDU deep stops profile protected the fast tissues in comparison to the shallow stops profile, and where his opinion differs from mine?

Thanks,

Simon M
Thanks, the slide and discussion starting at 36:45 is particularly telling

tell me where you think Dr Doolette is wrong in his claim that the NEDU deep stops profile protected the fast tissues in comparison to the shallow stops profile, and where his opinion differs from mine?

I look forward to the answer.

And while you are there, how about an answer to my question:

Can you explain why doing a VPM-B+5 profile is fine, but doing the VPM-B+5 profile for a bottom time ~20% longer than actual (which is identical for all practical purposes to VPM-B+7) suddenly becomes "made up", "exaggerated" and "non-existent"?

TIA

And while you are there, how about an answer to my question:

Can you explain why doing a VPM-B+5 profile is fine, but doing the VPM-B+5 profile for a bottom time ~20% longer than actual (which is identical for all practical purposes to VPM-B+7) suddenly becomes "made up", "exaggerated" and "non-existent"?

TIA
Lets me get this straight. You want me to comment on something that does not exist?

You have comparison between something available now, and something that has never been made, and never will be. Its a fictitious comparison...

Last edited:
Is it not more conservative to take an ascent plan "as if you had stayed longer at the bottom" ?

It doesn't exist in V-Planner because you don't have an option in the software. That doesn't mean you can't change the advanced options to create a VPM+7 profile. (Or maybe that's been removed?)

Ross would like to believe that because it's not in V-Planner means it doesn't exist. That's not true. It's simply not a pre-selectable option in his software.

Lets me get this straight. You want me to comment on something that does not exist?

You have comparison between something available now, and something that has never been made, and never will be. Its a fictitious comparison...

No, not at all, I'm just hoping you'll answer the question:

Rounding up your bottom time for added conservatism is really well established, wouldn't you agree? VPM-B+7 is identical, for all practical purposes, to VPM-B+5 for a 20% longer bottom time, so should surely be even more conservative, no?

Last edited:
Ross,
both profile lasted the same and therefore same thermal stress in shallower and deeper profiles.
According to you, why the different (and more favourable to shallower stop time distribution) outcome?

Thanks

Is it not more conservative to take an ascent plan "as if you had stayed longer at the bottom" ?

Ross,
in your attempt to keep an untenable position, you have painted yourself in a corner.
When easy plain questions are asked, you do not reply because any answer would be plainly illogical or would contradict several of your previous posts.

Would not be time to review your position and make public ammend: this would really improve your standing in the community and help discussion progress.

Cheers

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom