Need 4 divers, at least 2 full cave certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keller34

Contributor
Reaction score
I am gaining permission from State Land management to dive 2 sinks in Hillsborough County. They may or may not have caves but if they do I would like to have 2 cave divers document the system. There is little information on these 2 sinks. One sink is about 105ft across and an unconfirmed 150ft deep with possible cave system. Water looks to be clear and I will be going out there Sunday to survey it again. Tests on the water show that it is not contaminated but I will be taking another sample Sunday to have tested.

Everyone on the team will be SCUBA certified. There will be 4 divers in the water. Depth at this time is unknown as of yet. There will be 2 members on the surface at a time.

Nothing will be taken from the sinks at this time unless approved. Video equipment is approved.

With it not being know what is in the sink you must be prepared to come across a decomposed body or human skeleton. If this happens, the dive will be aborted immediately and law enforcement and land management will be notified.

This is not a joke and I will need at least 4 divers in addition to myself and 2 others. This will be done on Saturdays and Sundays ONLY as the permit will be only for those times. I will need to see you certifications to verify the info before the permit is issued. CPR/First aid/O2 is a plus. DAN or another form of dive insurance is recommended.

What will you gain from this? Well you will be able to dive a place that is restricted and no one has fully documented. You will get the recognition for the documentation. Possible future restricted dive areas.

The date is to be determined until I get the required divers. This may take a few weeks as I am also working on a grant from the state for equipment.

If you have any input please PM me. I cannot give out the location. It will only go to the team members.

Last edited:
Yea this will be an advanced dive in no to low vis expected. I have submitted for the permit already and should have approval, I hope, in the next 2 weeks. The cave diving, if a cave is found, will be put on hold until it can be verified safe to enter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I am available. I have well over 600 dives to include deep, night, MSD, Tech. DM, Nitrox, Trimix, Full cave, Rescue, O2 provider, a Respiratory Therapist, etc. I have also done a lot of video work in caves. I may not be the best at this but I will give you my best!

What's the purpose of the exploration ???

I am confused by this string of words.... I thought exploration was it's own purpose (and reward)

Historical mostly. Who doesn't like a little adventure in their life?

---------- Post added October 1st, 2014 at 07:49 PM ----------

I figure if I can get permission then why not dive it? Who knew you could dive any of the sinks and springs in Florida unless someone did this exact thing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom