Need a buddy 3/22 - 3/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Benutzer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'll be in the Crystal/Rainbow River area doing some paddling and snorkeling 3/22-3/25, and would be interested in doing some diving in the late afternoon or evenings on those days if there's something else interesting nearby. On Fri/Sat 26-27th, I'd also be interested in doing something at a reasonable distance, like Devil's Den or Venice Beach. Will be headed home to Ohio late on the 27th or early on the 28th. Anyone interested?

There are several springs in Crystal River. Check out Crystal Lodge at this site for more info:
Manatee tours, manatee swim, manatee dive, manatee snorkeling at Crystal Lodge Dive Center in Crystal River Florida There you can rent boats and any gear you may need. Be forewarned some of these will have overhead enviroment and divers should have proper training in this type of diving!
I am not sure what my schedule will be for those days but if something opens up I wouldnt mind showing you around a little!

I don't have any overhead experience so I won't be looking for that. I'm self-outfitted and have my own kayak so won't really need anything other than air and someone to go blow bubbles with.

We're going to paddle/snorkel on the Chaz, Crystal & Rainbow Rivers and Weeki Wachee springs. Unfortunately (and surprisingly) no other divers in my paddling group, so I won't feel comfortable diving unless it's shallow and we have a number of others snorkeling. Any advice on which of those would not be worth bringing a tank on? (Not expecting to bring one on the Chaz).

I'm doing Ginnie Springs on the way down (Sun 21st), and thinking Venice on Friday or Saturday if the vis is good enough. It looks like the other options are fairly limited. Blue Grotto or Devil's Den maybe? Anything else that would be low cost and fun? I'll PM you so we can exchange numbers in case you're free.

I have not been on the Chaz in a LONG time. There are a few springs on the river but I have not dove any of them with scuba. There is a very shallow swim through that is an easy breath hold dive, just to the right of the state park.
You should ask about the tides on the Chaz, I have spent the late afternoons dragging my canoe back toward the park!
Also there is a "side path" of the river that used to be very good for blue crabs.
I really love that river due to its very wild appearance!

Yes, we're camping right on the Chaz, so it'll be pretty handy to paddle. I was assuming not too good to dive. Good to know that we need to watch the tides on it.

Any must-do places to go see or eat in the neighborhood? This will be my first visit to the area, though others in the group have been there a time or two. I think the statute of limitations has passed, so they can come back now. :D

Still down here and looking for someone to dive with. Have done Ginnie Springs, Rainbow and Crystal River in the past few days. Looking for something to do Friday and Saturday (hopefully low cost). Have had spotty access to the net, so that's not helping. :(

But hey! The weather's nicer than it has been. :D

Me and my dive bud are diving Jupiter on Saturday. If you want to come along let me know ASAP and I will fill you in on the dive profile and the skills you should have to make these dives
(Jupiter is on the other coast, we can split a room and fuel expense)

Unfortunately that's too far as I need to start heading back home in the opposite direction, but it looks like I am going to be able to do Venice Beach in the am. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom