Need a buddy Sunday June 1st

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mello-yellow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
No particular place mind -- anywhere on Cape Ann, -- but I plan to try out a new scooter, so it must be something with easy access, like Pebble Beach.

And yes, I already have a tow line to pull a buddy -- I used it with my previous scooter.

PM me, or call xxx-xxx-xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mello-yellow; the North Shore Frogmen meet every Sunday 8am at Burger King. They head to Cape Ann and choose a dive site depending upon the weather conditions. (I know a few of them have been talking about getting scooters so this may be a good chance to give them a demo)

http://www.northshorefrogmen.com/

My Girlfriend and I will be diving up on Cape Ann tomorrow also, we were thinking Folly, or Pebble, or maybe front/back beach....
We'll be in a black subaru outback, we're planning on getting up there ~8am, and play around high tide...
I'll send you a PM w/ my number if you want to dive together.

North Shore Frogmen and I ended up filling the parking lot at Lane's Cove. The scooter worked great, the bottom is overgrown down to about 25', then fairly exposed rocks down to 40' or so, then mud. Here is a curious thing: on my first dive I went somewhat left of the cove -- straight out from the boat launch, -- then descended to 49' right away yet was fairly warm. According to my computer, the coldest water was 50 F. My second dive was from the usual Lane's entry point, and I was quite a bit colder. Deepest point was 34', temperature 41 F. Big difference over only couple hundred feet distance.

BTW, some local yelled at me for leaving and entering through boat launch. He said divers are not allowed on it, and I think he is right. In retrospect, that channel in the seawall is not a good place to swim through, with boats going in and out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom