Need a good UW still photographer for KISS Wedding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curt McNamee

Contributor
Reaction score
Need a good UW still photographer for our KISS CCR wedding Sunday April 24th at Alki Cove ll. Will be a very interesting event. If anyone wants to help out, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Curt & Mel

Curt, I dont know about being qualified or a "good" underwater photographer, but I would love to be there, camera in hand, ready to capture a few magic moments, on your special day. Regards,

DoubleDip:
Curt, I dont know about being qualified or a "good" underwater photographer, but I would love to be there, camera in hand, ready to capture a few magic moments, on your special day. Regards,

That would be great!!!!!! Welcome aboard.

The current plan is to have a photo shoot and trial run early Sunday morning while the vis is still good and the tide is up. We will be setting up a live video feed to a viewing station under awnings on the beach so all can see what is happening. The wedding will take place in about 15 ft of water between two small pilings in Cove ll. Once the early shoot is over, we will do some diving, have lunch and then get ready for the actual wedding which will take place at 3:30 in the afternoon. We had to plan it this way due to the tides.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Curt
425-418-1425
flyingcash@hotmail.com

With permission I will post two pictures from the photo shoot this morning at Alki. The weather was splendid; warding off the Brides belief that rain on a wedding day is unlucky, there was no chance of rain on this day. Unfortunately the Algae did not cooperate, loading the gills of anything under the surface, it made photography on this special day very difficult. Thus the darkness of the two thumbnails attached.

When Curt told me I should arrive at cove 2 around 7:30AM to maximize the Tide and water conditions, well, thats pretty early on a Sunday. On the way there I heard on KOMO radio a interview by our Newlywed couple (What a Thrill) There was even a Photographer from the paper there. After the morning dive I hustled home to copy the Pic's to a disc, and I made them a silly Movie too.
Returning back to Alkiwith the CD's, I noticed Local camera crews filming the event. Everyone here knows what a nice sunny day it was today. The coverage the wedding got was impressive, and I feel it provided a boost for the diving community.
I had never met Curt or Mel before today, but I can tell you this, in a day and age were the commitment of marriage changes with the tide, the commitment that I seen between these two wonderful people, when they looked at each other, was moving. I wish them many wonderful years of marital bliss, G_D bless.

Back
Top Bottom