Need a new computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are thinking of tech diving have a look into the courses as you'll find computers are more of a back up or not at all (ratio deco), as mentioned above, two bottom timers would be just as good.

Suunto Vytec covers three gas mixes (Nitrox), personally I only use two, my main gas and my back-up gas.

If you can find used Galileo luna, it does multiple gasses and trimix; 500 is a bit low for it, but who knows, you might be able to dig something out. Overall if you want to save money, you could go used computer route and get a warranty for it from some place like square trade. I'm not going to post links here but if you google for "squaretrade dive computer" you will find about $120 for 3 year warranty. Also, if you are looking to save, consider a computer with user replaceable battery -- battery replacements can run about $40 - $60 each so long term you'd probably end up saving a bundle if you do it yourself.

Might be a bit out of your budget, but an OSTC 2N is a really nice bit of kit. 5 gasses plus 1 you can set on the dive. Fully trimix capable out of the box.

The same company have also done a more recreational computer called the frog, which is just 3 gas nitrox and a bit cheaper

I have about $500 and need a computer that does 3 or more gases.........can anyone help

Scubatoys is selling Icon Hd's (non upgradeable to integrated air), for $425....a real bargoon in my book.

Hollis DG02 Digital Bottom Timer and Nitrox Computer
[Model: DG02]
MSRP: $252.58
Our Price: $239.95
You Save: $12.63 (5%)
freeDOMshipping.jpg

pixel_trans.gif
DG 02 can be used in different modes; Digital Bottom Timer and Air or Nitrox Dive Computer. Comes with a wrist boot for the dive computer to be mounted to your wrist.

• Digital Bottom Timer or Nitrox Computer
  • 400 fsw (120 msw) max operating depth
  • User replaceable battery
  • On/Off Audible Alarms with Flashing LED
  • Backlight for use in low visibility2 operation modes Digital Bottom Timer or Nitrox Dive Computer
  • Hollis Z+ Algorithm based on Buhlmann ZHL-16c
  • Includes Deep Stops and standard Safety Stop feature
  • 400 fsw /120 msw max operating depth as bottom timer
  • User replaceable battery
  • On/Off Audible Alarms
  • Backlight for use in low visibility
  • Manual or wet activation
  • Computer Downloadable

Back
Top Bottom