Need a source for Mares Regulator Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mddolson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm a retired diving instructor (1978-2005).
I am fully trained & have serviced/repaired Sherwood, Scubapro, USD & Dacor & Mares regulators, Viking drysuits.
I retired from teaching at the end of 2005. The shop I worked for decided to close it's doors at the end of that year.
I have just been cut off, by the LDS. He will no longer sell me parts, so I can repair my own MR22 Abyss regulators (I own 3).
He claims, that his supplier agreement with Mares forbids him from selling to anyone, other than a shop.
This is apparently a liabilty concern for Mares. (I'm in Eastern Ontario, Canada).

I am not interested in going into the repair business nor compete with any shops..
I just want to be able to buy parts to service my own equipment.

Does anyone have a source for Mares parts?

PM me if you'd rather do this off line.

Mike Dolson

Problem is being solved. I just got off the phone with the Mares rep.
Given my history and qualifications, they are setting things up so I can get the parts I need.

Thank you Mares!

Mike D.

Problem is being solved. I just got off the phone with the Mares rep.
Given my history and qualifications, they are setting things up so I can get the parts I need.

Thank you Mares!

Mike D.
Hello sir I am a military member was looking for a orifice for the mates orbiter second stage any chance you have one ?

Here's the schematic for the current version of your Orbiter. I think you are referring to the green part (21 on the diagram, part # 46200204) which Mares calls the poppet seat.

dr_schematic.jpg

You should be able to find it by searching for the part number. I've bought them from these folks in Italy:
Second stage poppet valve seat for Mares regulator 46200204 but it might not make sense due to the shipping costs unless you need some other stuff. Maybe you can find a local Mares shop to hand you one for $5, they are used in all Mares second stages so they should have extras on hand.

Reactions: Zef
Here's the schematic for the current version of your Orbiter. I think you are referring to the green part (21 on the diagram, part # 46200204) which Mares calls the poppet seat.

View attachment 807425

You should be able to find it by searching for the part number. I've bought them from these folks in Italy:
Second stage poppet valve seat for Mares regulator 46200204 but it might not make sense due to the shipping costs unless you need some other stuff. Maybe you can find a local Mares shop to hand you one for $5, they are used in all Mares second stages so they should have extras on hand.
Yes that is the part

Yes that is the partly es I did the overseas but yes the shipping is out of bound . In between your response n my searching I got a text from a shop near wear am stationed that you said will sell it to me for 5 dollars. Thank you also for the added diagram n information .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom