Buying a used regulator. Need feedback between the Mares 52x Fusion or Scuba pro S600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am framing this for safe keeping and future reference šŸ¤ 
I've been a bad fanboi.

Seriously, I really like most of their diaphragm first stages and a few of their second stages. Beyond that? The only Mares stuff other than regs that I use are wetsuit booties and a pair of fins.

I am looking to by myself a used regulator (which I will have serviced). I have a budget but I want the most for my money. I was looking at the Mares 52x Fusion which seems to be highly regarded but not seen as much (I dont know if Mares equipment can easily be serviced in the US) for the classic MK25/S600 combo. The Mares is a bit cheaper but seems to be a bit higher regarded than the Scuba Pro, I was wondering if anyone had any feedback out there. I would love to listen and learn.
Both are good choices. Seller quality will probably dominate over which is the better choice. Make sure you are including cost of service in your evaluation.

There are good brands in every market that are cheaper than the major brands are even used with servicing cost included. The difference in performance is small enough that often only an expert can tell, and much of that is a matter of personal preference. You should at least consider Deep6, DGX, and similar.

EDIT:
You can't go wrong with the major brands, but you can go wrong with the wrong used seller. For a new diver, I think new secondary brand is better than used major brand until you develop the knowledge to judge individual major brand deals.

I got a lot of great feedback here. I am taking it back several notches on cost

If you're interested I have the Deep6 signature series first/second and Octo. I also have the service kit but they don't need need to be serviced. It has one freshwater dive on it and the second stage was too heavy for my petite wife. It is with a long hose primary and short hose octo I am pretty sure it is yoke but not positive. That would be $400 for it...I just checked and it is a yoke. In excellent or better condition

If your interested I have the Deep6 signature series first/second and Octo. I also have the service kit but they don't need need to be serviced. It has one freshwater dive on it and the second stage was too heavy for my petite wife. It is with a long hose primary and short hose octo I am pretty sure it is yoke but not positive. That would be $400 for it
OP, this is a fair price for a a very good regset. It's about half of what it would cost new: Signature Recreational Single Tank Package . Even if you want a different hose setup, hoses are cheap and it's dead simple to swap them out. We can help with this if needed :)

Deep6 is nice for buying used because you can get it serviced directly by them and you contact them directly in the unlikely event of a warranty claim. There's no need to deal with a possibly aggrieved LDS.

Back
Top Bottom