Need Advanced Divers in Barbados November 14th for Stavronikita

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lizardqueen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Me & my bf are making a cruise ship stop 11/14 in Barbados, and are hoping to dive the Stavronikita wreck. We need critical mass of a few more divers to devote the boat to the Stav, rather than making multiple stops to beginner-friendly sites. Not that plain old shallow Barbados wouldn't be fun, but we're on a mission to wreck dive, and hear great things about the Stav site. Anyone interested, get in touch - thanks!

Good luck getting together with other like divers on a cruise ship. You might try cruisecritic.com. Our 2nd dive in Barbados off a cruise ship was 3 wrecks right next to each other in a shallow popular bay I can't remember the name of now. We're not really into wrecks but it was pretty cool got some good pics. We were told by the DM that the water was saltier in Barbados and if you're on the edge might want to add a couple pounds.

Reactions: jbm
The Stav is a great dive. I will be on island that day and could possibly dive the Stav if you are looking to fill a boat. Let me know.

jbm

The Stav isn't necessarily an advanced dive. If I recall, we hit just over 100' and never penetrated the wreck so you'd have to comfortable with that. We used Rogers Scuba Shack, and they took us out with only 4 divers, no problem. That was 5 or 6 years ago though. Very nice dive though and I would love to dive it again if I get back there.

Good luck getting together with other like divers on a cruise ship. You might try cruisecritic.com. Our 2nd dive in Barbados off a cruise ship was 3 wrecks right next to each other in a shallow popular bay I can't remember the name of now. We're not really into wrecks but it was pretty cool got some good pics. We were told by the DM that the water was saltier in Barbados and if you're on the edge might want to add a couple pounds.

You are remembering Carlisle Bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom