Need Advice -- Isla del Caño

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nippurmagnum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone, I am looking for recommendations on operators that could take me on a day trip to Isla del Cano in August 2018. I am particularly looking for an operator that deals with experienced divers and looks for pelagics.

Background: I'm taking my family to Costa Rica in August 2018. This is our first visit to CR, and we are not planning this as a dive trip, as one of my daughters does not dive, but I have dispensation from my wife to go do a single day's diving. I do a lot of reef diving in Bonaire, Roatan, Cozumel, and FL, and I am definitely NOT looking to do that kind of diving in CR. Instead, I'd be interested in Pacific sites that see large critters (sharks, mantas, dolphins, and especially whales). From what I've read, Isla del Cano seems to fit that bill. I am in the early stages of planning the trip so I have lots of flexibility in terms of where we'd stay as a base. I'd have a 4WD. Any suggestions on operators, or diving Isla del Cano generally?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom