Need advice - Medium or Large?

Which size should I go with

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, no can do: lose 4 pounds off your waistline and you'll be exactly Medium.

OK, seriously, we just bought one for my better half and with her being more "medium" than "large" and after LP salesguy saying "Cressis tend to run biggish", she still ended up sending it back for exchange. So my advice: take a very close look at the shop's return/exchange policy.

Sorry - do you mean the medium turned out to be too small?

medium should be fine. Large would have been too big, even in a wetsuit in my opinion. I have no experience with that bc, but based on the size chart you are much more of a medium than a large

Yep. Note that we're talking female fit, though: as far as BCD fit goes my chest area is mostly shoulders sticking out the sides whereas my wife's... does not work out quite the same way.

The point was that size charts are wrong often enough and you won't know until you try it on.

Those of you (majority) who said medium were right. Thank you!!!!

At the last minute I contacted House of Scuba and asked them to change Large to Medium and they did. Great seller, BTW.
The medium is perfect - large would have been much too big.

Lessons learned:
1. If in question, ask on Scubaboard. Nothing beats experienced advice from kind folks who want to help.
2. Don't trust the measurements listed by Sherwood.

Gratitude to all of you.
Nick

Advantage to the medium: You are neater and have less water drag. And a little less weight to carry on trips.
Advantage to the larger: You'll have more buoyancy in case you need it for buddy rescue. (Done that.) Or, if you need it for solo rescue, it will keep your face higher above the water. Making you less likely to drown from spray (a real issue) and easier for SAR and your party to spot you.

Whichever means more to you.

Advantage to the medium: You are neater and have less water drag. And a little less weight to carry on trips.
Advantage to the larger: You'll have more buoyancy in case you need it for buddy rescue. (Done that.) Or, if you need it for solo rescue, it will keep your face higher above the water. Making you less likely to drown from spray (a real issue) and easier for SAR and your party to spot you.

Whichever means more to you.

advantage to bp/w, don't have to worry about either of those since size does not dictate lift :p

@Dr. X glad you got something that fits and you're happy with, that is ultimately what matters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom