Need Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIVERDANFOWLER

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,
I am looking for a camera that can be used both for underwater use and regular on land use. I really like the Canon G10 , but Dont want the bulkyness for my on land use.
Can anyone give a recomendation of a compact camera that someone makes a housing for?
I am not a professional photographer , I am just looking for a good camera to snap some photos when I travel.
I appreciate your help!!
Dan

There are several on the market that are good cameras and have underwater housings. One that I have recently looked at and was so impressed that I purchased one for a nice little camera was the Olympus 1030sw. The picture quality is very nice, it can be used underwater to 33' WITHOUT a housing, and there is a housing for it to go deeper. It is freeze proof and able to handle being dropped from over 6'. It can also withstand someone up to 220 lbs standing on it.

The other nice side effect of it being water proof on its own. Even if your housing were to flood or have a leak, the chances are very good that your camera would survive.

The only negative I have with the camera is that it doesn't have a manual mode for shooting, but for just a P&S and someone that isn't really serious into underwater photography, that shouldn't matter because they wouldn't use the manual mode anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom