Need an advice on : How should I attach/mount EEZYCUT to my Ranger shoulder harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yaronad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What an I missing here ? It Should be simple ? no? :)

I can't find a way to use my new Eezycut "Harness Mount " , and attach it to my Zeagle Ranger shoulder straps?
(on either one of the items, you can not open the harness )

Please advise?
:)

THX

Do you have the wraparound sheath or the one that slides onto the webbing?
Just tried to get a look at the harness on line and having a hard time seeing if you can take the shoulder straps apart. Does not look like it but I could be mistaken. You might have to find another location on the BC or make use of a couple zip ties and run them through the EEZYCUT sheath and around the those padded shoulder straps. I have several Trilobites with different sheaths and can usually find a way to mount them on any BC. May have to get creative but it can be done.

I've seen those shoulder-mount pictures, and I wondered if the pouch wouldn't get in the way of the inflator and make the shoulder crowded, with the inflator, pouch, and long hose all competing for space... right side would be better, but also a possible snagging point to accidentally pull a regulator out of a diver's mouth? I'm assuming it's designed such that accidentally cutting into a hose isn't possible...

I've seen those shoulder-mount pictures, and I wondered if the pouch wouldn't get in the way of the inflator and make the shoulder crowded, with the inflator, pouch, and long hose all competing for space... right side would be better, but also a possible snagging point to accidentally pull a regulator out of a diver's mouth? I'm assuming it's designed such that accidentally cutting into a hose isn't possible...

I have one on my right shoulder and don't have any issues. It's very tight and streamlined and don't have any issues with hoses, even when I clip my long hose off to my right d ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have the wraparound sheath or the one that slides onto the webbing?
Just tried to get a look at the harness on line and having a hard time seeing if you can take the shoulder straps apart. Does not look like it but I could be mistaken. You might have to find another location on the BC or make use of a couple zip ties and run them through the EEZYCUT sheath and around the those padded shoulder straps. I have several Trilobites with different sheaths and can usually find a way to mount them on any BC. May have to get creative but it can be done.

Yep it looks like zip ties will be the solution here....don't like it! but nothing I can do different with the "non disconnecting " shoulder straps

thx! :)

I wear mine threaded through the bungee straps on my wrist mounted dive computer... Another option to consider. I really like it, easy to deploy, comfortable...

They have 3 pouch options, the Harness Pouch, which threads onto webbing (sounds like this is what you have), the wrist pouch, which is what doctormike is using, and the flexi/shoulder pouch, which will wrap around the webbing without unthreading it (which you can't on a ranger). As others have said, you can probably rig up a way to use the pouch you have, just might not be as "clean" as you would like.

Personally I really like the wrist mount. Very easy to deploy when needed, when doing lights out and line repairs on my cave course it was the easiest to remove and restow completely blind.

Here is the flex/shoulder pouch I was referring to: Flexi/Shoulder Pouch - Eezycut

Mark

Last edited:
The wrist pouch is more for single strap gauges/computers. The harness pouch works well with bungiees and double straps like on a SW computer, as it doesn't suffer from the flopping around you'd get with the wrist pouch's single point of attachment.

The wrist pouch is more for single strap gauges/computers. The harness pouch works well with bungiees and double straps like on a SW computer, as it doesn't suffer from the flopping around you'd get with the wrist pouch's single point of attachment.

Yeah, I never actually saw a wrist pouch before, but I agree, that does look floppy.

I just use the regular harness pouch. I have it on both my Petrel (with the two straps) and my Suunto (DSS boot and bungee). It lays flat without any problem, completely unobtrusive but much easier to deploy, especially in situations of limited vis or access. Really the best solution, IMO. Most puck type dive computers that come with wristwatch type bands can be easily put into a boot/bungee holder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom