Need an Afternoon Quickie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm off to Cozumel for the 2nd time in 3 weeks (I have a serious addiction) on Oct. 1 and want to get a dive in on the afternoon of arrival. Our Continental flight should touch down around noon. We're staying at the Fiesta Americana this time and diving with Liquid Blue on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. We had previously dived with Aldora, but it was a kind of mixed bag last time. We dove Columbia Deep with a woman who had only 12 dives. She did very well, but spent at least 20 minutes tethered to DM's octo. So I'm booked with LB this time for the morning dives.

The Reef House at Fiesta Americana has only an email contact on the web page. Does anyone know their dive schedule? Is there a shop where we could dive a later afternoon dive each day after our LB dives? I would like to do 3 dives a day on this trip if possible.

Thanks!

I am not positive but do think The Dive House has afternoon dives everyday at about 2:00 but like I said I am not positive.

Also I stayed at FA in January 05 and the place though not fancy is pretty nice. You might want to try a shore dive from the beach right their.

I also liked the food at the resturant across the street next to The Dive House better then the buffet on the main side.

I hope you enjoy the trip,

Tim :jaws:

Yes, that is surely an addiction. But what else can you expect from Cozumel? I love it there!

scubatim2004:
I am not positive but do think The Dive House has afternoon dives everyday at about 2:00 but like I said I am not positive.

Also I stayed at FA in January 05 and the place though not fancy is pretty nice. You might want to try a shore dive from the beach right their.

I also liked the food at the resturant across the street next to The Dive House better then the buffet on the main side.

Thanks, Tim. How is the shore diving? Is it a swim into the current and drift back? I emailed the Dive House about their dive schedule.

I've never stayed anywhere but the Casa Mexicana in Cozumel, but I got a deal on this trip through 11th Hour. Did you do the all-inclusive? How much were cabs to town? I really enjoy dining in town and hope to be able to on this trip.

I've viewed the Fiesta Americana from the dive boat on just about every dive trip and it looks nice. I'm looking forward to trying it.

scubatim2004:

This is my 3rd trip in 4 months and it's kinda scary. I can stop anytime...I can stop anytime. :D

Hey Red,
The shore diving at FA has a little current but not bad. We just went in at the beach and swam into the current and then would drift back, not much of a strugle. Mostly juvinial fish but plenty of them also seen a lot of baby morays, and plenty of small Rays in the evening and tons of lobster. A cab ride into town runs $6.00 each way and well worth it.

Hope that helps you out and I also hope to see a trip report when you return as I need a Coz fix.

DSDO,

Tim

redhatmama:
Thanks, Tim. How is the shore diving? Is it a swim into the current and drift back? I emailed the Dive House about their dive schedule.

I've never stayed anywhere but the Casa Mexicana in Cozumel, but I got a deal on this trip through 11th Hour. Did you do the all-inclusive? How much were cabs to town? I really enjoy dining in town and hope to be able to on this trip.

I've viewed the Fiesta Americana from the dive boat on just about every dive trip and it looks nice. I'm looking forward to trying it.

If you can stand the walk, you can go a couple of hundred yards up the road and get in at Dzul Ha and drift back down to FA and get out. Also, I was told that if you dive along the shore on the south side of their dock, there is little if any current.

We stayed there last December with our kids and did the AI thing. I think it is a good way to go, especially if you have kids. The convenience of a quick breakfast before the morning dives and the easy lunch after you get back, plus the included drinks and bottled water from any of the bars (just not the bottled water in your room) is worth the cost. Also, I thought the food at the reservation restaurant was quite good.

scubatim2004:

He's coming in on the 11:37 Continental flight. It's unlikely that he would be checked in and ready to dive by 2 PM.

for cab rides in cozumel
before you enter the cab agree on the price,,, all cab rides in town,, offer 5 to 7 us dollars

for dives,,, el-cid resort,,, or Del-Mar.. you deffently are able to dive 3 dives a day. Most boats are elected by the divers on the boat. Tell the operator of the boat what you would like to dive for.. shore dive of el-cid... 30ft - twin prop plane.. i've dove 20 plus times in cozumel.. i never had a bad dive,, maybe a few okay dives to great dives.. Rob

scubatim2004:
Hey Red,
The shore diving at FA has a little current but not bad. We just went in at the beach and swam into the current and then would drift back, not much of a strugle. Mostly juvinial fish but plenty of them also seen a lot of baby morays, and plenty of small Rays in the evening and tons of lobster. A cab ride into town runs $6.00 each way and well worth it.

Hope that helps you out and I also hope to see a trip report when you return as I need a Coz fix.

DSDO,

Tim

Thanks for the info Tim. I'll post a trip report when I get back (perhaps combine it with my last trip and compare). I like spending time looking at little stuff and that's one of the things that's absent from most boat dives in Coz. You do see little stuff, or course, but all the dives are guided and the group moves on. You can't just plant yourself in front of a blenny hole and watch for any length of time.

$6.00 for a cab isn't that bad as there are plenty of good and inexpensive restaurants to choose from in town.

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom