Need buddy(s) for springs, dates are slightly flexible!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

me2me2

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all! I's me again (for those of you who I had the great pleasure of meeting when I was in the Tampa area in March)!

I would like to line up a dive buddy or two (or several for that matter) for some time in the next couple of weeks to try out a couple of the local springs (I'm not cave certified, just want to take a leisurely peek.) Perhaps Blue Grotto, Devils Den and Ginnie Springs? Perhaps one a day, working my way up the state?

My travel dates are somewhat flexible. I need to fly in sometime between July 29th and August 4th and pick up a truck from my parents in Ocala and drive it up north, to Maryland for them. I can take a couple/few days to make the drive instead of straight through! Sooooo, of course I instantly thought... Dive Trip!

My biggest problem is I have to buy my ticket to fly down there very soon, to get a cheap seat, so if anyone would like to do some weekday, or even weekend, spring diving and show me the local sites I'd really appreciate it!

I guess I'll also need to find a way to either rent tanks at each location or find a LDS at the beginning where I can buy a tank at a reasonable cost and just refill it along the way and bring it on home with me.

Anyway, If anyone is along that route, and available and wanting to get wet, please let me know so I can try to plan this out a bit better.

EAN? Got any time off to show me some of those springs we talked about? Or do you know anyone that might? Oh yeah, and to keep my screaming at a minimum when any what under 90 degrees touches me I went ahead and got a heavier wet suit, hood and gloves. I've used them in temps down into the 50's. Ok, I was cold, but that is a given anyway! LOL! But I should be able to stand the springs now! :wink:

Sorry for the late notice all! Any info or interest would be greatly appreciated (under statement)! Happy Diving!

Myra

Hey, I'll be available Monday and Tuesday (July 31 and Aug 1) for Ginnie and maybe Little River. I also need a buddy to dive a sink I want to check out up in that area. Let me know.

I like your timing Myra:)

I'm going to be taking my cavern/basic cave classes at Ginnie July 29th through August 1st so hopefully I'll see you there. Try and do your diving at Ginnie on a week day because the weekends are are a zoo. If you do Devils Den the same and get there early. Blue Grotto upped their price to $40 but if you've never been it's worth one trip.

Glad to see you finally got a cold water wet suit. All the screaming was very unnerving!

Hey Myra, I probably can't get up to the springs, but if you find yourself with some extra time on Aug 5th or 6th and want to do the tanks again (or something further out and deeper) let me know. I'll get MissD, Ean, and my two boys together and we'll have a reunion dive. Only this time no losing anything, or leaving clothe on the boat, unless there my size (doubtful).

Well, I ended up having to send Diversolo a private and cancel the trip. My Dad is in rehab and won't be moving up north just yet. So I ended my plans... Then I got the call from one sister that, well, opinion is he might not be coming out of rehab... So now I have scrambled to book FOUR flights to Florida coming in Friday the 28th and we leave again on the 30th (there are four sibs one of which is coming in from Hawaii). No diving for me this trip. :-( But it may be my last time to see my Dad so ya know I have to.

I would love to do the 5th and 6th but my step daughter is in hiding so I lost my cheap hotel! And I hate to curse it but my LDS didn't have much to choose from so I ended up with the exact same model and style of dive watch. And no you can't try on my pants this time! ;-) Actually I think Eric was too tall for them! LOL! Say hi to the boys/young men for me!

And I truly am really looking forward to doing some springs sometime! I know EAN and Diversolo are whipsering the sirens call of at least the caverns to me! Just might have to take the class! You guys have fun at the springs this weekend!

Y'all take care and I'll be sure to shout next time I can get down for some wet time!

Myra
(I'm still in need of one of those fancy schmancy nicknamethingys!)

Myra, Sorry to hear about your father. I hope everything works out and he gets better. If you need anything down here in Florida, you need only ask.

Dave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom