Need feedback ... Lagun Blou/DiscoverDiving/Divecenter Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Senad

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is anybody familiar with Lagun Blou bungalow and apartments, near Playa Lagun Beach (http://www.lagunblou.nl/)? I am looking to rent an apartment for the begining of March and the place looks decent.

I am also looking for some feedback on two nearby dive shops ... Divecenter Curacao, located on the main road to Westpunt and DiscoverDiving at Playa Lagun.

Btw, anybody else traveling to Curacao between March 2nd and 11th? Drop me a note if you do.

Thanks!

Senad

Can't help you with the apartments. They look OK from the street, but that doesn't say a whole lot.

Nothing wrong with Divecenter; I've bought air from them with no complaints. I usually do my fills through Master, since they have a nice frequent diver card, but they're downtown.

Discover Diving is run by a nice Dutch couple who are very friendly. The food there isn't bad after a day in the water either. Playa Lagun is the shoredive entry to the west side of Mushroom forest. They also have a small boat and will take you farther out onto that reef than you can really shore dive too. They will also let you see The Blue Room on the east wall of the reef. It is a round "cave" that's about 20' deep with the entrance just at water level. (You could snorkle into it if you wanted to.) In the afternoon with the sun hitting the water, the room is all lit up in the most awesome color of blue. Another site that's a must see is Watemula. It's on the far northwest tip of the island and is pristine.

Another good shop is at Westpunt. Used to be All West divers but was bought out a year ago by Ocean Encounters. The reef there, Playa Kalki or Alice in Wonderland depending on who you talk to is really nice.

Back
Top Bottom