Need feedback on Olympus Stylus 720 SW & PT-033 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mselenaous

Island girl
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Key Largo, FL... Dive Capital of the World
# of dives
I just don't log dives
:huh: Has anyone tried the new Olympus Stylus 720SW with PT-033 Housing? Just curious to see what folks have to say about it. Amazon.com has mixed reviews.

Used to have a great Canon A60 + housing but needed image stabilization so upgraded to the Canon S1 IS with its housing. It takes great shots but it is prone to damage...

Been reading that the Olympus 720 SW is shock proof (drop from 5 ft), waterproof (to 10 ft) - I suppose if the housing leaks, or gets a splash on the boat, it would survive. It also has image stabilization as well as several underwater modes...but... the reviews are mixed about ease of use and quality of images, etc.

Would appreciate any feedback before I splurge.

No first hand knowledge, but a local has posted pics on our local yahoo group that were quite decent. Sounds like a great idea, but I've thought the lens shape and location are a bit odd? Wonder if it will work with add on lenses?

Did you ever pick the PT-033 up? I have a Olympus 820, but can't find a housing for it. I see there are still some housings for the 720, which I have as well. I was thinking about giving it a try. Would like some feed back.

I have a 770SW, the 720SW is now about three generations ago. I have had decent results with mine, the newest gen has some greatly improved housings. I have the Inon AD adapter and tray and when utilizing the Inon 165AD fisheye lens the results are better than you might expect. It is also a great boat camera which is what I bought it for originally.

P3280132_edited-1.jpg

N

Back
Top Bottom