need good compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless you want to spend less money and get the same thing from DGX for less.

$59 for the Pro model, which comes with a bungee mount.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/compass

To late.I tried over and over to use dive gear express link to visit their site and to make a purchase for various stuff but no go. Just can't get connected for some reason. It's been that way for awhile.

Photos as per request: I use an adjustable loop on wrist part as I use with various thickness suits/drysuits.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Unless you want to spend less money and get the same thing from DGX for less.

$59 for the Pro model, which comes with a bungee mount.

https://www.divegearexpress.com/compass

I have owned both and I personally find the Suunto SK7 to be superior. Nothing wrong with the DGX product, but I prefer the SK7 and I do not consider the DGX to be the "same thing".

Yes, if you lace it exactly as I have done when diving in trim parachute position linking hands the lubber line points in direction of travel without requiring any position change i.e it's always pointing straight ahead. I much prefer it to wrist mount it allows me to see computer and compass simultaneously. In the age department I'm probably not too far behind my head has lost its hair and my skin is collapsing:wink:

Yes, if you lace it exactly as I have done when diving in trim parachute position linking hands the lubber line points in direction of travel without requiring any position change i.e it's always pointing straight ahead. I much prefer it to wrist mount it allows me to see computer and compass simultaneously. In the age department I'm probably not too far behind my head has lost its hair and my skin is collapsing:wink:

Is there a reason why you wear it on your right rather than your left, or is it just because when you are in horizontal position your right hand is on top? I have been wearing mine on a bungee mount on my left wrist but have a hard time getting my arm across my body so the lubber line is lined up with my centerline, so I think I might want to try your methodology, but was curious about L v. R.

Is there a reason why you wear it on your right rather than your left, or is it just because when you are in horizontal position your right hand is on top? I have been wearing mine on a bungee mount on my left wrist but have a hard time getting my arm across my body so the lubber line is lined up with my centerline, so I think I might want to try your methodology, but was curious about L v. R.

I don't know about buddhasummer, but my reasoning is like this:

I wear my primary computer on my right wrist, so I can see my depth while using my left hand to operate my inflator (or butt dump).

I want to be able to see my computer and compass at the same time.

So, I would wear the compass on the right side, too (when I wear one, versus relying on my Petrel 2 compass).

Primary reason is because I wear can light on left hand.

It also feels more natural. Even if I didn't use a can light I'd still wear on my right hand.

Photos as per request: I use an adjustable loop on wrist part as I use with various thickness suits/drysuits.

View attachment 217959View attachment 217960View attachment 217961
This method looks amazing, I'm going to try it out this weekend.
When you dive it this way with a drysuit, does it interfere with your wrist ring system? I don't have dry gloves but my drysuit has ZipSeals so I'm thinking the rear bungee might go across the hard plastic of the ring and not be quite as stable. I guess you could wear it right at the base of the hand .i.e. in front of the Zipseal ring - what do you do?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom