Need help chosing Fiji Destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamey

New
Reaction score
My fiancée and I are getting Married in Fiji but have no clue where to go. There are so many islands and time is short. Can anyone recommend an island? We're looking for a small island where the beaches are great and the snorkeling and diving are fantastic. Our budget is mid-level and we are just so over-whelmed with all of the choices available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jamey:
My fiancée and I are getting Married in Fiji but have no clue where to go. There are so many islands and time is short. Can anyone recommend an island? We're looking for a small island where the beaches are great and the snorkeling and diving are fantastic. Our budget is mid-level and we are just so over-whelmed with all of the choices available. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMHO based on personal experience and from what I read, Dan Grenier, the owner and operator of Crystal Divers and now Bamboo Reef Divers, offers diving as good as it gets in Fiji. He's located on a small island, Nananu-i-ra, just off the northern tip of the main island, Viti Levu, and dives the eastern Bligh Water, including Vatu-ra, then channel between Viti Levu and Vanua Levu. However, it's not diving for novices. I think, however, that they do offer less challenging dive trips.

I don't know what his arrangements are with the operators of Bamboo Beach Resort, but it may be exclusive, so you may have to stay at that resort.

Took my wife to Fiji for our honeymoon. Spent 3 weeks, stayed at several locations. She loved it.

More details might help. You both dive? Do you plan to spend the whold trip diving, or just want to get a couple of dives in? How long are you going? Do you want to see the local culture or just relax and enjoy? Looking for an all-inclusive? And the awkward one might be, what do you consider a 'mid-level' budget.

I haven't bee to Fiji (yet!) but have friends who spent part of their honeymoon there this past summer. They stayed at Moody's Namena and LOVED it. I have no idea how prices compare to other places, but you can check them out at
http://www.moodysnamenafiji.com

glbirch:
Took my wife to Fiji for our honeymoon. Spent 3 weeks, stayed at several locations. She loved it.

More details might help. You both dive? Do you plan to spend the whold trip diving, or just want to get a couple of dives in? How long are you going? Do you want to see the local culture or just relax and enjoy? Looking for an all-inclusive? And the awkward one might be, what do you consider a 'mid-level' budget.

This will definately NOT be a diving only trip. In fact, we may not dive at all. Looking for beach relaxation and awesome water to snorkel in. Fairly nice hotel and good food. Thanks all for the replies so far! Going there for around 10 days and looking to spend around 5 or 6 thousand $ US.

BTW we've both been to Bora Bora and are looking for a similar trip.

Check out Matangi Island.

http://www.matangiisland.com/

Email me contact info, and I will call and tell you about our trip. I am short on time now, and I type slow.

Joel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom